• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report! on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished spraying our wheat today..Must say it looks Good considering we have had no rain to speak of..

Comment

Case - I spotted some yellow streaking in low spots . 1st sign - 4-5 days they are dead - can't do anything .
      Seems to be just in low spots or water runs for now
      Checked other areas - even some healthy lookin plants we dug are pooched . If the roots are pinching of and look even a bit woody - they are done in 5-7 days .
      I will send some pics to Klause if he is willing to put them on here .
      Most likely no relation to preburn this year as there were no flushing rains after burn off at all.
      Looks to be just localized low areas for now .
      Looks to be 35-38 days after seeding date

Comment

S AB now has winter wheat that has burnt up. Brown patches in the crop with the low spots still green. Rain is too late. There is some spring wheat in patches that will be there by next week. Starting to wonder if the peas will even bother to bloom in some fields. Can see dark drought stressed patches from the road. Irrigation generally good. Have not seen this many pivots going in June for many years.

Comment

My weekly update supplied by Cargill

The 1 million acres of Canadian canola which had to be replanted due to heavy frost on 30th May is expected to receive some welcome rain over the next few days. This should allow these plants to get a great start and it is possible that they may yield as well as if the frost had never occurred.

Still seems you guys have no problem.

Comment

ianben, Industry propaganda.

Comment

Ianben

That's pure bullshit.

The yields are going to be off considerably.

Canola should be at 12 bucks considering some is at day 45 and only has leaves 1.5 inches in diameter.

Hasn't filled on 10 spacing.

When do people that write this shit do the simple math about plant life.

Comment

Doesnt cargill want about 10k a year for that info?

Comment

Frontier

Jointly owned by Associated British Foods and Cargill plc, Frontier is an independent, financially secure business employing more than 800 staff across 46 sites nationwide.

Just like on here Frontier do a Friday crop report only theirs is on a Friday and free I presume you guys could look at it too I get it emailed.

http://www.frontierag.co.uk/products-and-services/grain-marketing/frontrunner.aspx

I believe you guys but does Cargill, we do cry wolf quite a lot and perhaps Cargill think their guys know better

Sometimes we do know way before the trade, 2012 here I knew fusarium was bad. I could see it everywhere from the road in June and look in the ear, OMG, but trade took weeks months to understand just how bad.

Even when we have this knowledge I find it hard to know how to use it. Will price go up ? If it does will I have a crop?

Comment

2012 was aster yellows disease year here for canola.
                    Crop reporters were slow to pick up on yield damage until harvesting started, unpleasant surprise for many growers.
                    2013 crop was opposite for us, yields were better than expected.
                    Easy to be fooled.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...