• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blocking ridge Day 101,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking ridge Day 101,

Well just off the phone and it seems this same pattern has been in place since around the beginning of March. No Montana lows are crossing the border or if they do it's from Estevan to winter peg.
    This could be what caused the cool temps in the north and the flooding in good old USA.
    Will it break down and give rain to parched areas or will it be in place for the summer.
    Roots are going down but canola seed in dust does not grow as seen in field I stopped and looked at up north.
    So are the markets ever going to react to the potential drought that's occurring.
    Today canola nose dived. I guess the great growing conditions in western Canada caused that. Oh wait the seeding progress report in the states shows that maybe not all the sky will get seeded do to flooding and soy goes up.
    Not one crop report is telling what's going on. Today Manitobas comments were it's to soon to see what impact it will have on north. Ah seed I dry ground won't grow and if it does it will not have quality.
    Wait Saskatchewan is next and Alberta will be all roses.
    Reporting on crops in this country is f$&ked.
    Not none international comment on how dry western Canada is.
    Every thing is great nothing to see now move along.
    It looks like another 7 to 10 of the ridge and then maybe it will break down and get some water on the prairies. How much yield will be clipped.
    I hope it breaks down for the ones who need the rain, and soon.

We seeded later... in a week if it breaks down it would be perfect for us... Maybe 15-20 bu off on some really early stuff, but overall this area will be ok.

Again, that is "THIS" area. I realize out west it may well be a case of too little too late.

Comment

The ridge will *** off in this area by thurs night - every ears will be diff . Get any spraying done ASAP if need be .
      Spraying here is constantly interrupted by noon every day due to wind - some guys still giver at 40 k

Comment

I said loooong time ago Mid June - 102

Comment

Well 105 I guess

Comment

I sprayed that frost and bug damaged canola the other day. After all it went through I would have to say I am satisfied with whats there, not happy with it but satisfied. But it sure could use a drink to freshen and perk it up. Today there talking chance of rain here. 30% is much of a chance in a dry cycle but if it was the last few years, I could bet the farm on it. What a difference a year can make.

If there's is a bit of a silver lining and we get some timely rains, the fungicide can stay at the retailer and fewer hours on the sprayer.

Comment

95% of the time it will never rain with a steady NW wind - or very little - it blows rights through - case in point look at radar - she gone

Comment

Parsley, where's Parsley? Maybe she knows some wiccans who can help.

Comment

Will start raining when hay is being cut.Oh wait..No hay will be cut this year around here.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...