• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not being a smart arse

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being a smart arse

I know you guys are struggling big time for moisture and the western Canada is a big place, tried to visit every pub there in my youth lol.

But what is your drought frequency 2 in every ten years or some places worse than others and other areas it seems get wet droughts.

We suffer almost 4 out of ten hence our land is lesser value and have livestock to balance out the risk management.

PS one day to go then got all in a tad weary april 20 start 10 june finish 11200 ha spread almost 85 kms apart will explain the hows and whys if anyone is interested at a later date.

You should be tired of the long planting stretch. I was up at 4am and in bed at 2 several days. Cannot do that long term. So do you have moisture for germination this year yet?

Comment

How is the weed situation? With so many droughts do the weeds say **** it and move to Canada? Not being smart either. Just asking. Drought is of the eye of the beholder. I know your drought situation is much more severe.

Comment

I guess in the past i was of the understanding that if austailia was dry 7 out of 10 we would be dry 3 or 4 out of 10. But then again our area ( southern manitoba ) hasn't been really dry since 1988. IMO. And again, australia is huge like western canada. Here we have more wet years than dry years. That's a long stretch of seeding mallee!! And again this year southern MB. is on the wet side.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...