• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing about the dry.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing about the dry.

Hardly any cleavers, hemp nettle, or basically anything growing between the rows. And that's a good thing. The few lambs quarters and such that I saw in the unpacked soil, are very, very sick looking, and have pathetic roots on them from being in looser, drier soil than normal.

Seeding will go quick next year as there will be no need to put more fertility down.

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one Wheatguy. All it takes is one good shower and they'll be there, those seeds will sit there for years waiting for the right conditions to germ.

Comment

Exactly, Needing to spray due to crop stage BUT... watch the f*ing weeds come IF IF IF it ever rains more than ONE MM! Spray twice? crop too advanced, or see weedy green stuff at harvest.

Comment

Wheat all sprayed and peas sprayed and first go round on Rr canola.
          Nice to have clean fields for a change and can load the sprayer up to 1600 gal and go. Nice to see wheat and peas and canola growing right up to the water. Haven't seen that in a long time

Comment

So, no winds down there ??? Lucky guys

Comment

Fj... spray the weeds that come up with the crop(assuming all the crop came up). Late germinating weeds shouldn't be much competition with an established crop.

SF3, 1600 gallons? How could you keep that thing above and not in the ground the last few years. The weight of the rig itself or partially filled must have made spraying Interesting...wow

Comment

I am waiting towards the late end of staging. If weeds come after wheat is in the 4 or more leaf stage, they will not compete a lick. I have no delusions that weeds will come if it rains, I am just saying that the crop is clean, and will be FAR ahead of the weeds if and when the do grow, unlike most years where weeds are rampant right from the get go.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...