• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Carry Crop Insurance of Any type!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive said this before so bear with.
    The yard is next to a hospital. I drive by it several times a day. My sore aching body or my ****ed up personal life with all its complete stresses gets a little lighter sometimes with the things I see there. I think were all *****s.

Comment

Breadwinner, LOL! vvalk, relax, he has a sense of humor at least.

Stonepicker. 2006 I seeded 10%, 2007 0%, and 2010, 0%. throw two 20% years, and a couple of 50% ers, and that is what this area had.

Comment

Freewheat

Have heard your hard luck story way to many times, why don't you right a book already. Maybe it would be a best seller and you could move on to bigger things!

Comment

I was answering stonepicker, who one time only could seed 25%. We were asked, we answered, as maybe he did not read my book yet. lol

Comment

Freewheat that's tougher than i've had it certainly, don't know if it's tougher than SW MB. has had over the past 8-10 years, the point is lots of areas have had and do have it tough. time to move on and concentrate on 2015.

Comment

Own farm has stayed with crop insurance since year or two after it became available, also with AgriStabiliy.
              Used to buy commercial hail insurance but stopped ten to twenty years ago.
              AgrInvest is a no brainer, take money out yearly.
              Look at govt funded programs as sort of like reverse income tax, they also provide substantial risk coverage.
              Still hear from many farmers, older ones in particular, about satisfaction over deferring or avoiding tax even to the extent of lower income longer term.

Comment

You bet stonepicker. We all get sick of repeating what happened, trust me on that! But when asked, I try to help out by answering if I can. Again good luck to all.

Part of our fortune in this area, which is a negative a lot of years, is we are cooler. In a wet year, that sucks, the crop has maturity issues. But in this kind of year, it is a help. I read somewhere it was 36 in the southwest yesterday. It was 22 here.

The toughest thing about this dryness, is that it is is early to be so dry. Hay looks very poor. Pastures need help. And it is early June. For here, this is unprecedented in that it is showing up so early.

Comment

You bet stonepicker. We all get sick of repeating what happened, trust me on that! But when asked, I try to help out by answering if I can. Again good luck to all.

Part of our fortune in this area, which is a negative a lot of years, is we are cooler. In a wet year, that sucks, the crop has maturity issues. But in this kind of year, it is a help. I read somewhere it was 36 in the southwest yesterday. It was 22 here.

The toughest thing about this dryness, is that it is is early to be so dry. Hay looks very poor. Pastures need help. And it is early June. For here, this is unprecedented in that it is showing up so early.

Comment

For what it is worth, Alberta participation in crop insurance (annual crops) is in the 70 to 75 % range based on acres.

Comment

Alberta, the pivot province. 625,000 ha of irrigation representing 6% of cultivated acres, yet 19% of production. Actually though it was much higher.

Zero insurance. Getting easier all the time.

Comment

Freewheat, I think your story is worth retelling as that was an epic struggle for you. Different type of flooding to what SF3 has ever experienced yet he cries like no has has ever seen floods like him. Bet he never had a year where he didn't seed 50%.
                        Now he's feeling sorry for the cattle guys droughted out in his area. If it was wet as he claims there is no way they could be in anything like as tough shape as areas that have been dry for several years.

And klause in his western travels I guess never encountered High River Alberta in 2013. 12.8 inches in under 48 hours, those floods being the costliest (in insurance terms) natural disaster in Canadian history. Shit happens all over - deal with it.

Comment

Agree grass flooding is quite typical. I planted the same as Sask3 percentage in the wet few years. He had crop insurance I had agristab. Then I listened to him batch about the extra unseeded top up that was not fare but he cashed in. I made a profit at 40 percent planted cause the hills produced. And also in 20 past years we have had three six inchers. So if someone batches about crop insurance etc and spring flooding. Not to mention the fall flooding 6 inch ****er. Where I am going is Sask3 you have nothing to bitch about. New posts always good.

Comment

crops really coming nice here , some of the best germination in years , but now they took our weekend rain away ! canola is really good , but we sure are dryin out , here's hopin it rains soon

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...