• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain industry rippin us off not just wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain industry rippin us off not just wheat

Big frost and drought and these prices? Give me a *** break. Green peas 7.00 and India starving?
    Even canola do you know what your yield will be seeding now into dust? It's a crock if crap input suppliers spray spray spray fertilize fertize ya for what 20 bushels canola? How's that gonna work out?

So.... if we think the markets going higher for new crop, does it not warrant staying the course. I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to saying enough is enough. Nobody else.

Comment

Must be enough forward priced at low prices,there is no reason to increase prices......yet.
      Once they get through the stack of triggered TPA's they will have to pay.
      To bad if u forward priced much without an act of god, and even if you have the act of god the price is going to be less .

Comment

It's only june 3rd, the crop is far from lost yet. The majority of reseeding has already been done.

Comment

On shit hole canada where crop reporting is not mentioned every thing is great the grain companies take and take some more till they have enough convinced it's great then take the rest out!
          We have three pricks now running our industry were F$&ked Royaly!

Comment

maybe in your area but not anywhere around here its just getting going and into dust no rain for 10 days.

Markets are broke and corrupt that's what you get with no oversight and a few buyers dealing on our behalf where we have no say and no options as to what we get and what the world will pay.

Comment

I agree with the points made, but keep in mind it's a global market. Canada is only one small region in the big picture, and all of western Canada is not a right off at this point.

Comment

India has been a very quiet buyer of Cdn yellow peas of late and they are not staving. A late crop year purchase from India could ripple the Sask bid, but that would be about it (IMO).

It appears, China is right off the market for peas for the remainder of the crop year. Old crop green demand is non-existent.

Riders . . . local buyers have no rabbit-in-the-hat if the international buyer interest is quiet.

Comment

Its June 3. Its not July 3. We are still way ahead of years past. Why the panic? Just chill. Go to the lake for a week come home, spray some weeds. Throw in some fungicide and go back to the lake.

Comment

But you all have FREEDOM to market now. How's that working? Are you all Harper Happy? Hahahahahhhaahhhaahhaahhappy Harper everyone.

No more CWB...now its the Arabian Nights Grain Gathering Board. Ahahahahahahaha.

Comment

Errol where do you/we find out what future sales (rabbit in the hat) that grain Co's have? Are you also privy to the prices in advance?

Comment

Yes willy lets bring back the single desk, that will definitely fix everything for everybody. Does the term flogging a dead horse come to mind.

Comment

Hahahaha spray fungicide on *** dirt????
                          Ummm ya!!

Errol .
                          You guys report absolute bullshit about something that doesn't exist. There is no market. A market is where people negotiate a price.
                          What you report is really the price we have to take There is Zero negotiating.
                          They are short peas big time. Where is the price to reflect that?

And yes it is June 3???

Comment

Where do you find the price that grain co s get when they sell the grain we deliver? I can sell green peas for 7.00 I want to know how much that grain gets sold for in India where do I find this?

Comment

Wrong time of year to think of a marketing system, but maybe we farm again next year, sooooo.
                              Start the Western Canadian Wheat Company.
                              Tender the contract to a large accounting firm, e.g. BDO,MNP whoever.
                              Grower members can contract up to 60 bu /A wheat on 50% of crop insured certified acres.
                              Accounting firm negotiates with 1 or 2 grain companies to handle the wheat, price based on basis off MGEX. Get price arranged before Jan 30.

Don't have to control total supply to affect price.

Probably wouldn't work. World wheat is a big market, but someone might want a 13 million tonne guaranteed handle.

Can change accounting firm or grain company every year if not happy.

Do not have to sign up, not forced to sell through company unless you contract.

Difficult to herd cats, I know.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...