• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reports of reseeding as high as 1.2 mill acres!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure a lot of this cheap canola seed will get planted in the corner of the shed. If you catch my turbulence.

Over & Out

Comment

Bayer replant is $40/ac avail as a rebate sometime next winter
      Pioneer/Dupont replant is 50% up front - always has been.
      DeKalb replant is 100% in certain situations...due to green seed issues from last year.

Next year policies will drastically change for some and stay the same for others... I will leave it at that.

That's the rubber stamp shit show , other companies I don't know. This is a full scale shit show 100% unpresidented in the industry - ever.

Side deals may differ , but that is or was the deal from the start when you bought the seed from who ever.
      All other here say is either bullshit coffee shop yap or side deals and one offs to keep some guys from bleeding to death.
      And yes it will be 1 mill ac plus - for sure and climbing hourly.

Comment

Grassfarmer, one winter wheat field in this area was frosted dead in a low spot. It's already smelling like silage. But around Roblin I hear many spring cereals were frozen black and dead.

Comment

I think it will be higher as lots texting yesterday out of the frost area reseeding. Funny this is news because no area this large has ever had that many acres reseeded first week of june.

Comment

Dow gave us $40/acre to reseed Nexera. I commend the seed company's that are doing this.
            Its obviously a customer relations move but also tactical. If Dow wasn't giving us $40, I probably would have reseeded to a Liberty variety just to control some RR plants you know are going to survive.

Comment

Dekalb for the last 2 years offers full free reseed if necessary That's why we buy it and seed it first. Besides 74-44 in RR variety can't be beat

Comment

Vvalk

So you can reseed it?

That's sort of counter productive isn't it?

Comment

I dont have to reseed anything.
                  But some guys are. And in this area thats unprecedented.

Comment

We Reseeded 60% of our canola. Very thankful to have Bayer offer the $40/ac rebate on seed.
                    Also Dow is supposed to do the same thing on the Clearfield Nexera.
                    Our Roundup ready Nexera was almost untouched by the frost.

Comment

If reseeding is somewhat normal why not seed later at a lower rate into the same dry dirt?

For those that think it's early some of this crop has been in the ground for over a month.

Comment

I'm leaving mine

Comment

WINNIPEG, Manitoba, June 3 (Reuters) – Western Canadian farmers are scrambling to find scarce canola seed as they re-plant crops snuffed out by frost and insects.
                          Farmers have until mid- to late June to plant ahead of insurance deadlines, but the later they sow canola, the higher the risk of damage later from heat or frost.
                          To read the full story:
                          http://www.producer.com/?p=146610

Comment

These crops have already used up 1/3 of their growing time. 33 days out of 100.

Comment

2014, finished seeding may 31, 2013, finished seeding june 10. very good crops both years.

Comment

In dry the seed date is not the day the drill comes off the field it's the day of the first half inch to inch of rain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...