• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos Altering their Spray Plans!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whos Altering their Spray Plans!

Since this spring is definitely different than the last 8 to 10 where moisture was the main problem.
    Are any farmers changing their spray applications.
    We did a Round up after seeding due to the cold cold spring temps. Basically all the crop was sprayed at just before or after emergence on Wheat and Oats and Barley.
    Wild oats has taken a hit and now the fields are fairly clean only thing present is the odd broadleaf and since it was burnt or worked last fall those are thin or very few. All fields were sprayed with Roundup after or during harvest.
    We might change up to 24D and a cheap wild oat killer generic.
    Before this spring our plan was to do half with Axil and Varo on the remainder.
    Now if the weather doesn't change in the next week to 10 days is as cheap as we can go.
    Disease issues look minimum now and will be judged as we go along. Maybe just a little tilt Generic at time of In crop.
    Peas are going to be first sprayed.
    Canola looks like one strong liberty and then assess and two apps RR on RR ready.
    So if were adjusting are others or is it balls to the wall.
    Just wondering if others adjust when the environment conditions warrant less.

Thinking along the same lines, had an email from the one Chem rep about how spraying priaxor will improve yield by 2 to 3 bushels in dry conditions. I'm thinking about buying eough to hold his head under if he ever shows up around here.

Comment

But we may even skip graminicides blanket and scout the known bad areas and spot spray.

Comment

I like the comment about the rep and enough to put his head under.
        Just wait we will get the you have to spray because disease is so prevalent this year its scary real soon.
        But one that farmers should be totally pissed off at is seed treatment on canola.
        Lumiderm is great on cut worms and some what effective on red stripe. The others are good for three weeks on old flee beetles but that's all. So you add all this expensive insecticides to your canola and then week out have to go and spray for bugs. Really some one is making out like a bandit and farmers fall for it every single year.

Comment

I did one row of wheat treated and one not in garden in April 8th cold almost frozen ground. The first thing was the seed lab said my vigor was poor on this lot and bad results so I thought why not test it in real out doors.
          Both came up the same both thick as a dogs hair and both healthy now. Hm Is seed treatment a big game!

Comment

Fields don't have to look pretty all year long. I try to use the two shot as much as possible.

1 rup prior to emergence and 1 rup preharvest.

Comment

Sprayers are going to be busy here in 4 days.

Comment

Our sprayer is parked until it rains. We are not far from a write off here.

Comment

Where you at HFL? Looks like rain coming east of Lethbridge in the dry areas

Comment

Same as HFL

2,4-d on canola and peas, roundup on cereals and flax.

Comment

Tweety

It's that bad? If a rain passes in the next week would it recover to make average?

Wet to dry extremes are not good.

Comment

With the huge increase in prices of all crops over the last couple of days we are going to put everything we can into this crop to maximize yield. This will be the year to remember!! With all you guys putting on the cheap generics, I'll be able to buy the premium products at cut rate prices. Plus I'll get the golf game perks, special rewards, and anything else while I help support the big chem companies.

Comment

No spraying this year.
                          I cant afford to spray my land.

Comment

Hobby, you'll make more not spraying and think of all the money you will save.

Comment

Less fungicide will be used and required for disease.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...