• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you spray flea beetles?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you spray flea beetles?

Those lovely pests are under attack. oh don't worry about shot holes they have to nibble to die. Wait till twenty five percent of leaves are chewed. I feel thats getting late, what do others do?

We won't spray till 25% damage. First we don't need extra costs. You've already paid for seed treatment, let it work.

Spraying poison when not needed indiscriminately kills beneficial insects, including predators of flea beetles as well as pollinators.

As well, the striped flea beetle may survive some insecticides, thereby selecting the most troublesome pest.

Spray anything only as needed.

Comment

Shot holes in canola mean nothing

Comment

Re; 25%. I believe its 25% leaf loss not 25 % of plants that have signs of feeding.

Comment

Identify your Beatles gentleman
          Most seed treatments do not control striped flea Beatles . They are stem feeders as well .

Comment

Yes,on the 25% leaf.

Our most damage here in fact is from the striped beetle chewing stems.

Lumiderm does suppress their feeding better than straight Proper in our fields. It's obvious.

Comment

Stem damage is the worst we've ever had. Very little chewing on leaves but look close and the stems are chewed bad. A few days later the plants die...
              So between the frost and beetles I think pardner and roundup is the best choice and reseed.
              I hope I'm wrong because it's not feasible to reseed the entire crop but we're doing what we can. Hoping to get the worst 40 to 50% reseeded then we'll be out of time on the calendar.

Comment

The next issue will be cold temps before and after herbicide apps. Peas are getting close, supposed to be warmer than 5 degrees 3 days before and after, another kick in the nuts for the crop...

Comment

I would not even consider spraying peas for 5 days yet , unless your doing grasses only

Comment

I've got time, better weather ahead, but doesnt look wetter.

Comment

Farmaholic

Guys were spraying peas last year when it was under 4 degrees c last year. That and the wet compounded their problems. Kicked the shit out of the crop.

Yesterday guys were spraying lentils with sencor and there was ice on the blue water pale 3 feet from the house.

Craaaazy.

Comment

Some 'farmers' don't have a fu...in clue

Comment

Sprayed some striped Beatles yesterday. Told three weeks guarantee by most seed companies. They pay for the insecticide. Now we just have to decide on reseeding

Comment

sask , are they paying for your insecticide just from using prosper , or was it lumiderm ?

Comment

Having a pest infestation can be a major headache, and depending on the type of pest they can be very difficult to get rid of on your own. Therefore, having a professional visit your home can be a tremendous help. Flea and beetles may require your home to be tented and fumigated with gas, which is somewhat more intensive in preparation than other types. The pest control [URL="http://www.yalepest.com/danbury-pest-exterminators/"]exterminator from Danbury CT[/URL] will inform you of what will be necessary. Immediate action stops further invasions before they become full out infestations.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...