• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail Insurance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail Insurance

Does anyone use the 10% straight or disappearing deductible on the SMHI(or the 25% options for that matter)? There is about a 24% premium savings on the 10% straight deductible. Gotta give up the first 10% loss for that saving though.

With my crop mix this year @ $200/ac coverage, if I had a TOTAL loss I would have to give up $46,500 for a premium saving of $5270.

Buy from a good line company. My advice to you.

Comment

Smhi in my experience has been better to deal with than ANY line company in claim years. I've lost many weeks of my life with adjusters over the years.
      As far as the deductibles, if you are truly insuring yourself for the big loss than do a deductible. It also saves on the hassel of having adjusters to come out when there is not much damage.
      All that being said, I think canola is a crop to go Full coverage on. Just because of the way it's usually adjusted during lower % damage.
      Just my thoughts.....

Comment

we have had a lot of years where a light little hail storm pays all the premium and sometimes what we thought was very little damage and probably wouldn't have got them out if we would of had that turns out to be 30-40 percent . so we stay with full coverage

Comment

Does the govt subsidize hail ins.?

Comment

36 20 w2. Highest rate hail coverage lowest chance of hail. I suggest get in co hoots with the adjuster you will make money. I don't do that

Comment

The last few times we've had claims it has been a complete waste of time. Spend a couple days with adjusters to have them nickle and dime a guy to death.
              When someone tells me that the wheat doesn't lose any yield for having the flag leaf shredded And ripped off that makes me wonder why we spend so much $$ trying to protect it spraying for disease etc.

Comment

Full coverage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...