• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Herbicide and Fungicide Spraying for Winter Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbicide and Fungicide Spraying for Winter Wheat

Just wondering how late have guys sprayed their winter wheat for broadleafs.Got a bit behind and wheat will likely be in flag leaf stage in about a week. And could I get away with going full rate fungicide with the herbicide to save a pass across the fields?

we have had to spray in full flag in spring wheat before , can't remember what weed-spray we used but their are some that are ok

Comment

I dont recall the document online maybe university of north dakota, but a fungicide application on winter wheat consistently increased yield.

Here is a herbicide one
      http://www.ag.ndsu.edu/weeds/weed-control-guides/nd-weed-control-guide-1/wcg-files/3.2-Timing.pdf

Comment

Ya, you're screwed.

Comment

I have a theory which I believe to be true. When in doubt spray. The weeds will do more damage than the spray.

Comment

I would do fungicide at correct timing. No skimp. No shortcuts. On winter wheat you'll be rewarded.

The herbicide is a tougher call. Use something easy on crop or don't spray. Depends on weed pressure and staging also. Some weeds are very tough if advanced.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...