• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you pay for a monile welder

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you pay for a monile welder

I have been using the services of a mobile welder. When he completes a job he does not "charge" me. He asks me what the job is worth to me. So i usually think its worth $110/ hour but I really dont know. He is fully outfitted, i just look over his shoulder and try to make light of the situation.
    I dont want to insult the guy and I am out of touch with mainstream business life.

Not only a double post but also spelled wrong! Uggggh!

Comment

Mileage on top of hourly? Sounds pretty cheap if he has a winch, etc.

Comment

Ok. So..... Then.....what do you pay for a mobile welder? Or what does a mobile welder charge you for repairs?

Comment

Yup around 100$ / hr

Comment

A few more months of $50 dollar oil and you will have to pull on the red suit (Santa Claus) at $100 per hour. Everything is relative. During the QE induced hyper inflation era everything went up. Now we are in deflation so rates should settle down. I use an auto mechanic who is at $60 an hour and does good work. Has his own shop on an acreage. I go there because that in much more reasonable than in town. This is in S AB.

Comment

Just had a light duty picker truck(F350) out at $120/hour. Job took 3 1/2 hours, got charged for 5. Around here they're still charging full oilfield rates: full charge from the time they leave until they get back to their shop. Your rates are fine.

Comment

I'm happy for you SF3, getting some dryer weather.
                However, around here we're on the edge of swampland like usual. Started off pretty good but every rain gets things marginal again.
                Thought we were done seeding now a combination of the frost/snow last week and flea beetles we get to continue seeding canola again. Oh, and we got more rain last night so we'll be sitting tight for a bit.
                Wheat is looking a lot better with the warm weather lately and later canola is popping out of the ground nicely.
                Definitely got the moisture to have a big crop as long we can stay away from the disaster rain events.

Comment

not sure about a welder but these dealerships are worse than oil patch ,one mechanic, one ton truck, travelled 90 miles worked 3 hrs , returned 90 miles , well over a grand ??? WTF??

Comment

caseih, pass it on, everyone else does. Oh yeah, I forgot we're farmers.

Comment

Hobby et all. If concerned about cost of hiring a mobile welder perhaps buy one. Otherwise pay it. On the other hand I want to get a house shingles with the normal life shingles. 6900 was the quote. I most likely will do it myself cause I cannot pay someone 150 per hour for the job.

Comment

150 per hour for a drink with a mailer.

Comment

In fact anything housing is about double of Calgary in PA Humboldt last couple years.

Comment

they don't seem to realize that the good times are over , sad thing is nobody except dealers can fix this new computerized shit. but really , more than oil patch rates , these guys need a reality check!

Comment

Thank you for the rates.
                              I am more than happy to pay this welder, I just had to learn how much in order not to insult him.
                              This is not a typical oilfield situation. This guy is near retirement age he has has been welding since 1978, building mines. He has considerable wealth but I want to pay him well because my antiques fall apart at the worst possible time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...