• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough scary canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some tough looking canola fields here as well - anything seeded before May 5th is been wacked by frost and getting er on the chin now with striped flea Beatles - very little reseed here yet but rain is needed soon to save the first seeded stuff .
    It will be interesting to see how the canola that has emerged after the last frosts and the possible frost over the next few nights / mornings . It has not been 'hardened ' off like the early seeded canola was . Light frosts should not be too much of a problem but time will tell .

Comment

Does anyone remember Decis and Lorsban from the dirty 80's? No longer around? Decis was a wicked weapon.

Comment

Both still available.

Comment

Spraying decis today. Lots of supply available..

Comment

Was told by a local retail that if I wanted to use Decis I should save the money and pi$$ on the flea beatles instead.....Must have better margin on Matador??

Comment

Bayer told me if you need to use Decis on their canola they will rebate 1/2 the MSRP back to you. (I think thats what he told me). I used a Lorsban/Nufos product, not "registered" for flea beetles but I saw afew cu_tworms out there ;-).....

Comment

Jay, I would be surprised if Decis wouldn't kill any Beatle, would be interesting to know the reasoning behind his comment.

Comment

Like I said, better money selling Matador?
                  Doesn't even matter, it's getting re-seeded now anyway.
                  Unbelievable flea beetle damage coupled with the snow and frost from a week and a half ago did it in.
                  First time reseeding canola in my farming career.

Comment

Jay-mo: Are you reseeding back to canola? Good for you if you have the moisture to do so. I doubt if I could get ours to germinate if I reseeded to canola. Do you buy the argument reseeding back to canola usually doesn't turn out any better? I said I should have taken the drill instead of the sprayer out to ours yesterday.

Just another ride on the emotional rollercoaster of being a primary ag producer. We need to open an amusement ride theme park based on farming, not very amusing and fun at times but can still make you nauseous and sick feeling. Rides cost thousands and tens of thousands of dollars....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...