• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Machinery

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right i shouldn't have said that just a couple bad apples. The extra traffic is annoying

Comment

The farm is located on a secondary highway with hills in both directions. The house was there before the road was and is about 60 ft from the centre line of the road.

Anyway with sloughs, fencelines, creeks etc. the only way to all of my land is a minimum 1.5 miles of secondary highway and usually lots of highway 7 as well. We always have a pilot vehicle out front for seeding rigs, combines, swathers, etc. Lots of times people won't stop for them, so now we just straddle the highway if want them to stop.

Need to be lit up like a Pink Floyd light show and as visible as possible. Need to be courteous. I pull over long before someone gets to me on the secondary highway, but not on highway 7.

We are in oilpatch country and like coleville says most are pretty good. But when they were drilling hard the twenty somethings in the jackedup diesel trucks were the worst.

Comment

Difficult to educate the public when farmers do the same things.
        For example, I'm going west - they are coming east @100 km hr. They pass two approaches the closest is 100 yards in front of me - they say they didn't see it so they put the truck 3/4 the way into the ditch and stop expecting me to move over and wiggle around them F..... I....... I did tell them latter that week the courteous and safest way, pull truck into the approach wait the 30!seconds to couple minutes, wave, proceed with caution. Oh ya the speed limit on grid roads is 80 km in Sask

Comment

I have to agree, farmers are just as guilty. Many times on the main highway I have passed farmers hauling round bales on an old trailer, no flashers, driving half on the shoulder raising dust. Forget about a pilot vehicle and in some cases no straps.

Common sense comes in shortages in all walks of life. Farmers don't own a monopoly on it.

Comment

I agree with forage. We have one neighbor every year hauls bales with a tractor drawn unit. This unit sems to really raise dust immediaty behind the transport hiding the load of bales. No SMV trianlge and no lights (not even a cheap set of magnetic ones) at the back. Naturally hauling at dusk, on flasher works on front and back of tractor and one headlight on front.
            How it is no one has ever smashed into the back of that unit I will never know.
            I have described exactly these details to the farmer at his everyday routine morning coffee session in town .

Comment

Just this morning a fellow working on the water line was intent on going through a stop sign at 40 mph. Coulda broadsided him real good but decided to take evasive action.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...