• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cutworms

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cutworms

Out digging this morning checking my seeding job. Found 2... kept digging found 12 in 2 square feet.

Checked 3 or 4 more spots same thing.

Watch out boys!

Wash them well, cook 'em in edible oil, put a bit of salt on 'em...eat 'em like shrimp. In Africa regarded as a treat.

Comment

We used lumiderm on most of ours.
      Between the frost and cutworms , some guys won't have much left - the next few days will tell the tail .
      Thanks for the heads up , I will get guys checking ASAP

Comment

Furrow, we used Lumiderm on some of ours as well. Do you know how long it lasts?

Comment

Label says 35 days after planting. But pretty sure the effects last much longer by controlling early.

Comment

Hopper is right - control can be as long as up to bolting

Comment

I'm worrying more on peas and beans than canola personally.... we have lumiderm on all of it.

Comment

lumiderm on all of it also. but it sure gets tricky looking for damage on a frozen field . pricks eat it underground , we caught bad one time watching frost damage and they were rating it at the same time. they sure like flax too

Comment

Flax and peas have never shown economic damage here. Peas tend to regrow and flax typically branches out enough. Never seen a bare patch like canola then again something to watch.

Comment

well I can tell you we lost about 15 -20 ac all in strips on 2 quarters each , he'll of a mess , should of sprayed it a second time . I have had lots of canola come back. our flax did not ! I was watching it but there was so many they really done lots of damage . watch your flax very carefully . another time we had flax under seeded to alfalfa . the cutworms cleaned the flax off in big areas , all that was. left was alfalfa . those 2 quarters of flax is the reason we have lumiderm on every acre of canola , wished it was on the flax also

Comment

and I sprayed another flax field for a neighbor , he had lots of damage . just when I got finished it dumped about 1/2 " rain in 10 mins . that was one of the best kills I ever got on cutworms

Comment

What kind of tips you use for this night spraying?

Comment

10 gal of water just before dark last year they were so bad in flax they were eating in the daylight

Comment

Caseih what area are you? Anyone got pics of the types they are seeing?

Comment

All I can find are earthworms. how do you go about scouting? You appear expert

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...