• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

minus 6 dry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minus 6 dry

I know tired of frost. Also minus 3 at 11:30 pm. Only two more nights.

Shallow ponds iced over. Seeded soil, ridges froze firm.

Comment

By far the coldest driest stretch I have ever seen in my life .

Comment

Just for the record...there's easily 3/4 of an inch of frost in topsoil of whole fields. Seeding largely done over past weeks and cereals were obviously up in rows; could take road bans off; not that they were on etc. etc.

Rushing seasons? Poor planning? Ignoring past history? Trying to do too much?

Comment

So, are we still our own boss. No one to tell us what to do, lol.

Comment

Just for interests sake I looked back at weather records for Regina for 1929. That year was very cold for the first 19 days of May. Way colder than this year.
            Then the furnace cut in and for the rest of the summer it was very hot.
            Result was wheat production hit a five year low.
            Somehow the weather pattern is going to change and start dealing with all this excess water laying around in parts.
            I wonder if this is the year....

Comment

One off. All of the above is my answer to your questions. See which drill gets it in the FASTEST, cuz that is all that counts. Speed vs. the neighbor, heck with last frost dates of May 28th...

Comment

"FASTEST, cuz that is all that counts"

At first glance that appears so true. However, an oldtimer once said; there are only so many dollars in a crop; and other truism is that when profit margins are negative;...without changes you don't turn it around and make it up by increasing volume (or acres).

I note someone was pining for an additional 10,000 acres since it was being seeded so fast. Probably last nights 22 degrees farenheit in what might have been that same area; should show the folly of commonly getting what you want.

Commonly there are factors outside anyone's control; and appetites that would best be suppressed. Would it not be best for all concerned to have some reasonable limits; or at least levels beyond which those large scale operators are truly "on their own"

Comment

**** that, I do what's best for my farm. If conditions are right go..... and good ****ing luck forecasting the weather!!!!!!!

Comment

Oneoff there were ice on sloughs here till 10 am. That is very unusual for this date. I pray my wheat and flax not up is still Ok. She was hard.

Comment

The brass monkey had a high voice this A.M. A eunuch tomorrow, very possible.

Look on the bright side. Some of us for delivering a minus income year for having to reseed will blame it on their landlords this fall for charging them such high land rents.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...