• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Another 10000 Acres!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure wish I could burn wood, nothing but Buffalo chips here.
    Brown soil zone problems

Comment

Don't forget wilagro doesn't farm. Likes to make comments though like he does

Comment

Just throwing this out there, but we in the traditional canola area, if we are old enough, ( I am borderline), remember the old days where you always seeded canola last, and NEVER before the 15th to 20th of May. The reason was for avoidance of frost.

No, this year has not been typical in the amounts of cold freezing nights, but it seems the race to get it in early is kinda coming back to remind me of the old ways, and that there is a reason for not panicking to seed canola so early as to risk frost. Just look at a final frost map. Many areas stretch into early June even, with most areas being between May 22 to May 28th.

Many things about this year look more typical than the last several years. Reasons for crop adaptations in the first place are being re-affirmed in my view. Looking around at the poplars; They are telling me to start NOW ish. They know where things are at better than any panicky neighbor. lol

As far as seeding goes, it is getting going now here, conditions are borderline, but going. Haven't seen any dust except for the recreational tillage types. When the wind picked up yesterday, I watched their soil fly across the road.

Like SF3, this is looking more like a usual spring in these parts for the first time in a decade.

Comment

Freewheel I remember seeding later so that weed control with treflan etc was easier and better. Glypho etc allowed better weed control. Sask if your 60 percent done this time of year. Why the he'll topic need 10,000 more?

Comment

By the 20th of May in this area , I would not want more than 15 ac per ft of drill left to seed

Comment

Good I have 13 acres per foot to go, canola warm in the bag. Like free says, we remember where we live and it's Cold outside...please no June 2 full moon FROST!

Comment

Fj - perfect , giver shit lol
                I am down to 2

Comment

vvalk: The only reason I post is because it browns your ass. Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Lighten up...you're going to get an ulcer.

Comment

Stoughton area now in that two inch mark since Tuesday, that along with the massive rains last fall, is making this there worst since 2011. Torquay all but soybeans are in, they were hoping for half inch or so of rain. What a difference even a hour drive time can make in conditions.

Comment

It would be ever so nice if the rain didn't drown some areas and miss others totally, but this is life in the Palliser Triangle.

Does the Stoughton water go to Lampman?

Comment

Fj - down to wet areas and potholes now .2 ac / ft of drill - unless we get stuck lol - but that will be next week - rum time now

Comment

Like free wheat says those who know canola don't seed till after the 10 th as we live in Canada any thing is possible.
                          Dreaming of bigger drills ha ha ha happy Sunday!

Comment

Like free wheat says those who know canola don't seed till after the 10 th as we live in Canada any thing is possible.
                            Dreaming of bigger drills ha ha ha happy Sunday!

Comment

Depends were you are ... It's a big growing area . We are much the same as you . Other areas if it's not in by the 15th of May don't waste your time 9/10 years . What happens in our backyards is not law ...

Comment

Furrow you are right because seeding now in some areas means flowering early July heat heat heat. No yield so in early works. But next is the do I reseed do I stick it out either way it's going to be a average yield the big yield has one strike and its early May. Temp dropping quick just went out and shut the garage door at the lake wow it's cooling off.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...