• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask. roads?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks folks. Tom are you talking about safety and log books for pickup trucks? surely not?

Comment

Your vehicles and trailers will need a safety to be plated in Manitoba.

Technically farming is seen as commercial so a dot officer can stop uou and ask you for a logbook if you are pulling a trailer over 5440 kg however this isn't done unless your equipment is in visibly poor shape or doesn't have working lights.

Comment

Also if you are moving livestock make sure your manifest is filled out. Cops will ask you for them especially with out of province plates

Comment

Thanks Klause, should be OK on the trailer weight, just packing shop contents and misc. ourselves.
          Got commercial truckers hauling machinery and the cattle for us.
          Can't take cattle out of AB on a manifest nowadays - need to be brand inspected and a Livestock Movement Permit issued for each load. Been doing that for a few years now shipping bulls to SK and MB.

Comment

Ya , and wash the mud off before you leave. We get enough clubroot b/s from oil and line company plot equipment that travel all over hells half acre from Alberta.
            J/K - good luck in your travels ..

Comment

We'd need some rain before we could have mud, LOL.
              Dust doesn't stick very well.

Comment

Grassy, why not move the cattle the old fashioned way, wait til fall when all the crop is off and drive them across the prairies using horses, if I rode I'd offer to help but I don't ride, or like horses. Once again, hope you have prosperous and satisfying life in Manitoba. Best of luck.

Comment

Grassfarmer, I'm sure you have your Mb route scouted, but be sure to take Hwy 10 to Hwy 2'then east to 18 and south. Highway 23 from Minto to Ninette is a diasaster.

Comment

I'd never thought of going any other way on that leg of the trip Braveheart!

Farmaholic, I can see the movie now. "After less than 150 years the Scottish settlers packed up and left their new lands, contaminated by oil and gas development, and headed back to the Red River Settlements." Another Darien scheme LOL.

Comment

Grass should be greener and chin high in Manitoba, especially with all of the recent rain. Don't forget your fishing equipment cause Manitoba has an abundance of lakes with gigantic fish. Oh, yeh, just hold your nose as you cross Right Wing Saskatchewan. (Just kidding).

Keep us posted.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...