• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feed wht vs #2

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Furrow,

When we are buying market share... in an over supplied wheat market... and you still want to sell more... guess what?

U actually think the CWB would have been doing better?

I have some ocean front property in east central Alberta I can sell you! Cheap! the good stuff is over $5K now???

Comment

Forgot...

BTW... there is a NDP Majority Gov in AB... just in case you thought there was no ocean front property in AB!

I heard a few birdies on here; say Another Majority PC Gov a few days back???

Comment

Would like again to warn Alberta growers and farm groups not to give in to those who see protectionist policy as an answer to low commodity prices.
        The situation of feed wheat priced higher than milling wheat is a result of demand from local value added feeding industry.
        Saw the same thing from time to time when wheat was under the board.
        Am all for value added but let's not ask our governments to support it at expense to our exports.
        Not quite ready to give up on milling wheat or malt just yet, both have been good crops for us in past.

Comment

I don't care what eats wheat, pigs , people, parrots... and could care less about feeding the world or not. The point is good milling wheat should never be the same or lower price than feed wheat. But I guess there is no problem with the system - all is good.

Comment

MGEX Wht a little over $5.50 US plus 19.5% = $6.57. Now what's a fair basis?

Ya ya I know, it's the price relative to feed and you won't get any arguments here but its the reality of it. Like Hobby says, let the pigs eat it or store it (if you can) and hope for better prices ahead.

Comment

As long as your wheat is lowish fuzz, the pig barns take some pretty DARN UGLY wheat.

Hard red is a dead horse on this farm.

Comment

I never seeded an acre of red spring wheat this year. I know others have done the same. Tired of the no cars excuse and wide basis bullshit

Comment

I never seeded an acre of red spring wheat this year. I know others have done the same. Tired of the no cars excuse and wide basis bullshit

Comment

Hopefully enough wheat acres are reduced world wide to reduce supply and increase prices. Too much grain/oilseeds every where. Farms doing food at a loss, but 98% of people are laughing. Oh ya, they all support us! Ag more than ever, I see less profit for all farmers. Wages keep up with costs, our prices stuck in the 70's!

Comment

Our "solution" is to ramp up production to offset the price shortfall. Like all other businesses, right?

Comment

To answer the last 2 posts, USDA did their first 2015/16 crop production and consumption forecasts. Link below.

[URL="http://www.usda.gov/oce/commodity/wasde/latest.pdf"]WASDE[/URL]

Recognizing that wheat is being harvested somewhere in the world every month, the vast of majority of northern hemisphere winter wheat will be harvested over the next 3 months.

If you look at the first estimates (things will change), the world production is estimated to equal consumption. The challenge is the continuation of a relatively big world wheat carryover.

I think the wheat market is trying to bottom. Up at resistance levels on the charts - need to break to make the next move higher.

Comment

Richardson's raised there price .64 cents today..

Comment

Sold the last of those 40 tonnes today for $5.21/bu, it was already delivered and on a basis contract from when I hauled all the wheat in. **** it......

Will be interesting to see what happens over the next week, was up sharply today. I guess I don't care because I'm out and tend not to presell wheat I don't have or know the quality specs of....

Comment

Fjlip: private sector wages frequently lag inflation and do not keep up with costs as well. (Public sector different story). Lots of people have not seen a raise in the last number of years. My wife got a small one this year: the first in three years. Still lots of minimum wage out there even in Alberta where you heard about labor shortage the last three years. The NDP will solve that problem.

Comment

Still there are NO wages stuck in the 70's.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...