• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brrrrrr......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brrrrrr......

That North West wind sure brought some cold air in. Forecast low Sunday night is 1 degree, probably going to freeze.....must be a full moon tomorrow.

Getting close - change

Comment

One forecast has us getting down to -5, in the next few days. A lot of people were busy seeding in April, which is unheard of here, will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Comment

Anything up?

Comment

Not that i've seen yet. It seems early crops take 2 weeks or more to emerge, late seeded takes 4 days usually.

Comment

So why everyone shit the bed?

Comment

Hopper

It's for bragging rights.

I swear some guys are trying to push it to try to double crop. Lol.

Comment

Trees are greening up, yard grass could be cut soon, seen some wild oats, volunteers and weeds germinating, of all things saw a barn swallow yesterday (two weeks earlier than normal). I hope.I don't have the honor of seeding two crops in 2015 ;-)...

Comment

Lots of soybeans in the ground in s Mb. Looks like a lot of reseeding could happen here with a good frost later this month. Seeding of all other crops nearing completion s of #1hwy east of portage la prairie. Could use a drink. Getting dusty.

Comment

Dry in Southwestern Manitoba??

Crazy......

Comment

One good thing - this is the only full moon this month and it's early - this will be the coldest few nights of May . It will get warmer ... But not for a few days grrrrrr .. If anyone had the time look back each month for a few years and find the coldest five nights of each month - 90% of the time it's within the 5 days if the full moon , well it's been the same for history . Not necessarily the "frost " in summer but it does draw down the jet stream in this part of North America BTW.
                      Anyway I am prob full of b/s but I would bet a jug of rum again I am right .
                      Experts say there is no connection , but the experts are WHO ??? Lol

Comment

Windshields definitely frost covered this morning.

Comment

Any meteorologist will tell you that a full moon means nothing.

Comment

WARNING;

ANY GENETICALLY ENGINEERED WESTERN CANADIAN FARMER CAN TELL YOU...

THAT THE AVERAGE CANADIAN FULL MOON HERE... MAY LIKELY CONTAIN A FROSTY MORNING...

Comment

Now forecast for -7C Tuesday night, then -5C the next night. Seeding probably looked like the right thing to do, leaves were out, weeds were growing, spring was extremely early. Lots of days had highs in the 20's. No serious frosts for a long time. I turned off the power to the stock waterers in early March and they never froze again. One nieghbor worked all of his feilds in late March.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...