• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7.50 new crop canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.50 new crop canola

In North Dakota. .... ouch

7.50 divided by .8 is 9.375. Ouch is right!

Comment

Locked some new crop canola in last thur. @ 9.97, not a bad starting point i thought. Guess i can't brag about getting $10.00 for my canola though, LOL

Comment

It's still over $9.90 this morn.

Comment

New Crop Nexera... off the combine... just grazing $500/t the past few days. will do first increment soon!

Comment

On the nexera if you get ten less yield is it worth it!

Comment

Here we go again , panic forward pricing should guarantee another year of depressed returns .
              Give your head a shake! Look at the price of things we have to pay for, these are NOT good prices.

Comment

SF3, it might be?
                Remember, you get to handle less bushels for possibly a similar per acre return.

Comment

SF3,

new genetic are making yield problem less? New seed this year... time will tell!

Comment

Goodrum, it's called smart marketing and covering fall cash costs at an historically good price. What's your marketing plan? Do you just haul it in at harvest and risk a drop in prices because of big volumes and harvest pressure? No panic selling here, i'm taking what the market is giving me.

Comment

It might be 7.50 but they got some dandy insurance on it. Talk is canola has best return for 15 if just going by insurance guarantee. Seed sales are supposed to be very good.

Comment

So no market distorting programs in the USA! Tom keep me informed on the new variety yield!

Comment

The last time we grew Nexera, it was the variety CL 2012. Average yield was 55 bpa. Put with the premium it was phenomenal.

We're out of Nexera right now because of herbicide rotation. We don't like RR canola and there aren't LL varieties.

Comment

Takes me 3 years to get 55 bushels an acre lol! This tap better shutoff

Comment

On a positive note, a low new crop canola price right before seeding might be a good thing and will limit acres seeded.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...