• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water - runoff ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water - runoff ??

Certain areas here flooding worse than two years ago - never dreamed there would be near this much water moving. We barely had enough snow to snowmobile for half the winter .
    Better now than end of April but still ...

Did you go into winter wetter than the previous year like here? Lots of water sitting around here too. Was kind of expected with any meaningful amount of snow. Good thing we had an early thaw. On the lighter land some will "soak away". Lots of turning with the drill on some land...

You have to wonder what the growing season will hold. With this amount of water standing around it is what I call the "primed pump". Here's to hoping it isn't a repeat of last year.

Comment

It looked great last week, actually the best winter and best spring so far. Then last Wednesdays Snow event and the rain event on weekend and last night is starting to worry me. Frost not out yet as Gravel pit is frozen solid, its like Yukon Gold c**** with bucket.
      Still early and that's the best thing about this year. Right now it looks like round and round on some fields but the black ones are the best so far.

Comment

Water here just starting to collect. Runoff started yesterday. Lots of snow to go still. I estimate a normalish runoff. We had normal snow, unlike a lot of places, and were normalish moist going into winter.

But with a very cold forecast, maybe the water will be tame and not a wild rush all at once, which would be helpful.

Run off by March 31st? That bodes well for this area.

Comment

Freewheat

Have you ever thought of making a move to a different area.

Comment

Every bit of snow was run-off, as expected. Froze up hard due to a half inch of rain in Nov on fields that were still too wet.
            6/10 of an inch of new spring moisture from Mar 20th, so far.
            Water everywhere and running, best thing is that it's earlier than recent years. Still have hope.

Comment

Nope. Because we will return. This is a last decade phenomenon, where we are over wet. Historically, this is an awesome area.

I like the trees, I like hunting, all the lakes nearby, I like my land, I like my home, I like the terrain, I like the soil, the lack of wind.

I just don't like the wet. Long term, 95% of the farming history timeline here has been very good. 1988? Awesome crops. 2001-2003? Best crops in history on this farm. Dirty 30's? Great crops.

Again, run off by now, is normalish to a little ahead of normal. It is just that so many areas have had no snow hardly, so we are behind for this year. Like usual.

Ish!

Nah, don't want to move. It will dry out again.

lol!

Comment

Bucket,

Funny You Mention That, I Was Just Thinking The Same Thing The Other Day!!!!!!!! I Couldnt Bare Livin Like That, Shit I Dont Even Think I Could Visit!!!!!!!!!!!

#daWadenaHills

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...