• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the USDA seeding intentions make you change your seeding Plans?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the USDA seeding intentions make you change your seeding Plans?

US farmers will plant record soybean acreage this year, but it will be slightly below what analysts had expected, says the USDA's Prospective Plantings released Tuesday.
    The 2015 soybean acreage is estimated at 84.635 million acres compared to 2014 at 83.701 million. Analysts estimates had averaged 85.872 million.
    The USDA expects US corn producers to seed 89.119 million acres in 2015, down 2% from the 90.597 million seeded in 2014, but above analysts expectations of 88.684 million. If realized acreage will be the lowest since 2010.
    Wheat acres will fall to 55.367 million acres from 56.822 million in 2014. The trade had expected 55.612 million
    Spring wheat acreage at 12.969 million acres compares to 2014 at 13.025 million. Trade views averaged 13.242 million
    The durum wheat will see 1.647 million acres compared to 2014 at 1.398 million. Analysts had been looking for 1.733 million. More on corn here soybeans here wheat here

The more I read through the list their is two things that jump out.
    One flax in USA is going up big time in acreage. Ah flax is out of rotation. Seed canceled.
    Durum is going in big time, but for us sadly we cant grow durum any more so its out of our rotation also.
    Canola is down in acreage,
    Sorghum is up also.

So basically it looks like now its real easy.

Canola 4000
    Peas 1000
    Wheat 4000
    Oats 500
    Barley 500

Notice soy is out of the picture. Yes it is. This is a risky year and spending money experimenting on varieties that aren't quite their yet is not a option.

Peas are still in because the shit show in India with their weather. If we turn wet and lose a bunch of acres like last year who knows what lentil and pea prices could be. I wouldn't contract much at this time since acreage in Canada might not matter for pulses. Information is key and knowing how bad the situation is over their is key.

Which variety of oats?

Comment

Have good Morgan! I am looking for a new variety any suggestions!

Comment

Triactor would be the only one I would try, everytime I try something different then Morgan, I go back them. Very hard to beat

Comment

Still with Morgan as well, just curious what variety will replace it eventually.

Heard about Triactor and Souris but have never tried them.

Comment

triactor oats are very inconsistent yield and light , grew them two years , nfg, went back to morgan also

Comment

Have to agree that Morgan has been decent every year. I tried Souris on 120 acres last year, very different looking plant than Morgan in the way it grows etc but then a 10 inch rain took out about 40 acres of this field and caused a bunch of second growth so not a good comparison. Have heard Summit is supposed to be good but can't track any seed down.

Comment

X2 on Summit

Comment

X3 on summit but can't find seed!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...