• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale

What's the deal with Amberfield Farms at Stewart Valley?

Sounds like he got the right offer and said **** it.

But that's 5th hand info.

Comment

Looks like another large operater that couldn't find help or or the right offer. Smart operater to say **** it!!

Comment

It used to bother me when the spring sale catalogs used to come out, not so much anymore, got numb to it.

Before it felt like a death of a farm to me. But like an EMT at a bad crash site, I've become desensitized. Doesn't matter to me anymore...

Comment

Every dog has his day. Some guys know when they've had enough. Some get their jollies by working forever. Where are you in the game, Farmoholic?

Comment

SDG, I have crested the hill and on my way down the otherside. If it wasn't for my kid wanting to carry the torch I would be out within 5 years.

We've done ok.

I chose this vocation without any expectations from my predecessors, I will apply the same theory to my succesor. I will do what I can to help ensure his success without making it too much of a "Silver Platter Farm".

I used to enjoy it a lot more, not so much anymore. Tired of being the "Host" of the party.

I really don't like the trend. The incremental farm size to justify new equipment ,or good used, (capacity utilization) is daunting. Things move from a one man show to a team effort quite quickly.

We,ve been in Canada since 1886 and this location since 1902, fifth generation wants it. He deserves the chance I was given....

A good living but a tough living, there would be easier things to do...

Comment

Farmers never could get out from under the grip of monopolies.Yep, we never thought we would see the end of the CWB, then what a disappointment when government just reatreated into its comfortable little culvert, and left farmers out for the wolves.

I think it could have been so much different if there wasvision and leadership - some guiding light. From where farmers sit in the grand scheme, they are helpless dealing with the most powerful monopolies and grain companies. How the new order progresses is a mystery.

Comment

Funny thing when a group of us age 50 to 62 farmers get together the talk lately turns to selling out. Now before it was guys leaving the industry when times got bad. This time it looks like some of the best managed farms in my circle of friends is thinking of getting out.
                I have friends with 5 year plans to if right group of guys showed up we would be out.
                Now why would guys at the top of their game want out. that's the question.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things I am really not that old but hardly at the top of my game either. Two years ago something changed... I guess thinking and working like a 35 year old in an older body caught up. After a while you think, what for? So everyone else can reap the benefits of my labour? Its gotten old...

Comment

"Now why would guys at the top of their game want out. that's the question"
                    Why wouldn't you get out at the top....you have some money to other things....you remember the "good".
                    Why would we wait until the bottom, when you can't get out?
                    Klein waited too long, and the list could go on....

Comment

perfecho... succession here. Locked in now.

Comment

Different generation, different attitude.
                        No one I know under 65 wants to die with their boots on.

Comment

Another auction calendar, Prodanuik's, certainly looks like many are getting out of the race, seems more from Ab. Way too much machinery on the market.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...