• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rope for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rope for sale

Strong enough to hang most farmers. $3.00 a foot. Plus shipping and handling. ( hey you didn't expect me to ship it for nothing did you?!! ) Most farmers don't need extra rope but looks like some do. The sky is falling!! Again.

Maybe after the USDA tomorrow!

Comment

LOL, maybe, what's the plan? lock some grain in today as a hedge? call or put options?

Comment

Hey Stonepicker,

Perhaps I can buy some to send Premier Prentice... after this smooth move by Alberta PC's?

From CBC.ca;

"Former Wildrose MLA Bruce McAllister has been acclaimed as the Progressive Conservative candidate for Chestermere-Rocky View, after his opponent was blocked from running, the party announced early Sunday.

In an email sent shortly after midnight, the party announced that Jamie Lall, CEO of the Calgary Housing and Employment Services, had been disallowed from running by the PC Alberta Nomination Committee. The nomination vote was set for April 1, and the party did not provide their reasons for forcing Lall from the race.

Lall, who ran unsuccessfully for the PC party in 2012 in Calgary-Buffalo, said he was told about the decision Saturday night.

"While I am extremely disappointed by this latest development, I will not be making any further comment until I have time to process the events of last night," he wrote Sunday in a statement emailed to CBC News.

"At the end of the day, I am most disappointed that the people of Chestermere-Rocky View were robbed of their right to participate in the democratic process."

McAllister was one of the nine Wildrose MLAs to cross over to the Tory party in December. His acclamation came hours after three other floor-crossers lost their PC nomination bids on Saturday, including former Wildrose leader Danielle Smith’s defeat in Highwood.

Floor-crosser Gary Bikman lost his nomination battle in Cardston-Taber-Warner, while Rod Fox was defeated in the riding of Lacombe-Ponoka."

Comment

Haha maybe tom, interesting politics in the promised land these days, gotta wonder what's going through the minds of the floor-crossers these days. Could be a big opportunity for the wildrose if they can pull together.

Comment

The world has changed from 20 years ago...

As the old (now) saying goes:

"The Media IS the message!"

This is bad news all around for Premier Prentice!

Comment

I agree. Maybe a good thing for ALTA. though eh?

Comment

I think the saying is "the medium is the message", rather than media. Sorta means the same but Marshall McLuhan would be breathing cannabis smoke rings if you got it wrong.

Comment

I am amazed anyone could even imagine the results of the Alberta PC nominations as being bad news for Prentice or a resurgence of Wildrose. Look at the facts.
                  -By accepting the floor crossers Prentice obliterated the opposition in Alberta last winter.
                  -Only 35% of the Wildrose party members cared enough to vote for a new leader. It was a week long phone in vote.. you did not even have to leave your house and you can only get 35% of your members to vote!
                  -Those that did vote elected a former Conservative MP who quit his constituency half way through his term in January 2014.
                  -And it is reported the person they elected financially supported Prentice' leadership bid for the PCs.
                  -And now that the floor crossers have lost all credibility with Wildrose, the PC locals are throwing them out as well. Not only was the Party destroyed but the experienced people who were the face of this party have been effectively kicked out of Alberta politics. Prentice has less to fear today than any time since he assumed leadership.

Comment

No sale here, target got hit today , 3 years in a row wheat gonna be around 8 dollars for me and don't care when I gotta haul it, screw the cwb, stone picker isn't it just about time to pick stones or to wet

Comment

Wako... glad to hear you know you won't have quality issues, I don't think I would dare take the chance given there is probably a 90% chance I'll deliver off spec with the chances of fusarium and other weathering problems.

But if the "premium"(forward contract) for signing the contract is big enough, quality adjustments may not hurt so much.

How do you manage that risk?

Comment

Farming always a gamble, I got little less for my wheat this year because of lower protein, I have aeration so I will do wheat at 20 and yes might have fus after spraying 3 times but sometimes can mix with other farmers grain .

Comment

Wakopa

What's your falling number for your wheat? Big degrading factor this year.

Comment

Falling number a degrading factor? I've never had that happen. What the heck kind of wht. are you growing? Marquis ? I've never asked and i've never been told i have a low falling number. Your kidding right? It is almost april fool's day.

Comment

Falling numbers are definely a factor this year here in SW Manitoba. Below 300 is not finding a market as easily as more sound wheat. Bids are also affected by the falling numbers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...