• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positive Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive Thursday!

Well again its Thursday the week is almost done and one of the hardest things to do is find a positive for Agriculture in Western Canada.
    Seems this week a Large Farm Supply business in NE Sask has been sold. Farmers and Brothers business. Good for them they ran a big business worked hard and made a lot of cash.
    Seems PFM purchased the business I leave that for discussion.
    I'm not loving the snow event of this week but its early the ground is frozen and should run off Monday or Tuesday next week. Positive side its a early melt and the cold warm takes moisture out and that is such a positive its not even funny the dryer the better. To the experts 8 years of flooding is not fixed in one dry spring. Ah water that is in low areas takes years to dry up. Extra acres from flooded is a pipe dream. Just saying.

One positive thing to deal with the rail problems in Western Canada is real easy to figure out. Seems the squeaky wheel get the grease so why not make some quiet Big wheels a little squeaky. I'm saying this not in my back yard BS is hurting Ag. Farmers need to look at all issues and not the ones who suit them. Rail, deliveries, grade etc. only will get straitened out when farmers push back. Why is a USA grade different than a Canadian. Why are we trying to be the Super hero's of the world on grain when we cant even tie your shoes. Why not standards that are the same every where. A 1 is a 1 if it has the following qualities. Not buy it on the prairies for a #3 then move it to coast and ship as a #1 or #2 etc or clean a #5 Durum in Canada up to a #2 in USA yet its still a 5 in Canada. Ah wait then the Grain companies couldn't make extra dollars. I see. Its a example.
    Back to the positive as again It is tough to be positive in Ag in Canada. We want to be the big boys of the world and cant get our shit together.
    But here is a positive to get a calm group to get excited. Again book contracts with Alberta grain companies for off the combine deliveries. Yes their is a cost of trucking that far but really if you cant deliver for months why would it be any different. Then start booking trucks to take your grain and flood Alberta elevators. To the brim. If our farmers in Alberta aren't complaining they sure will when their sitting in line waiting in harvest behind 20 to 30 Saskatchewan trucks.
    Do the same for Manitoba delivery points that move lots off combine.
    If something is broken and its been studied to death then if all else fails join the side that's not complaining and deliver like them.
    Ah Ag more than Ever!

Warmer weather on the way next week
    Actually moved a bunch of hrsw early and before road bans
    Might get away fishing on weekend.

Comment

I like the fishing thing Seeding normal and be done by May long. Normal weather!

Comment

Two days left in Florida and then back to the summer grind in SAskatchewan. Looking forward to an auction sale or two.

Comment

Tough to find positive things in ag, but lake, golf, fishing, hunting, sledding and quading lots of positives.
          Ah farming.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...