• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An observation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An observation

Canada has decided we can solve the problems in Iraq and Syria. And costing billions. A multi generational war that can't be won unless you let it flame out by cutting off the supply of guns and weapons. But that is where it gets slippery. Those that supply guns don't want the whole shit show to end.

The government can't solve the rail issue where there are 2 parallel tracks and costing farmers billions.

Oil is dropping and apparently that is costing billions in revenue.

So where does the money come from to fight this game on the middle east?

I find it odd that we think we can solve others problems when we can't fix domestic issues first.

Political "will"?

Comment

There is no sense whatso ever in Canada participating in war in the middle east.... Period.. So we are left with two scenarios.

Either Harper is a scared puppet, following orders out of fear and maybe, just maybe smart enough to make himself unacceptable and voted out of a position he never expected to be in when he started out in politics.

Or power and psychopathy have over taken his mind and he actually thinks he can solve the problem of hate and violence with more hate and violence.

Either way - as much as we do not have an option at the level of a political party with consciousness and conscience, Harper has to go.

I wish him and his family all the best of health and happiness as he ****s off into a place of obscurity.

Sorry about the language agboy but this is getting ridiculously serious.

Comment

RK There is a third reason: Distraction. If Harper can distract Canadians with the war on ISIS he does not have to deal with the economic problems at home. The cost of the war give him an excuse for not having a balanced budget. If he can get people worried about their personal safety from scary Muslims, they will be less inclined to worry about poor rail service or rising costs or foreign ownership of land. He is able to ignore critical domestic issues if he can distract Canadians with foreign threats like ISIS and Putin.

Comment

IMHO

Canada has been recognized as a moderate peaceful country.

These things are changing our dynamic in the world and not for the better.

It's a slippery slope but may lead to a conservative defeat. Harper may be wrong on this.

Comment

Agreed DM....a government is much likelier to be re-elected in a "crisis" situation...so keep the crisis going.....

Comment

Fear has been used to control the masses for centuries. Old game boys! Distraction, for sure.

Comment

We all can't be that stupid?

Comment

Wow. When did agriville turn into the a conspiracy shit show?

Comment

What's the conspiracy?

We are going into Iraq and Syria (without permission) to defeat isil.

Comment

Bucket: Harper does not need everyone to be distracted. He got his majority last election with only 24% of the eligible popular vote. He will always retain the far right wing socially conservative base. He just has to convince voters should have a bigger fear of ISIS than they do of the inability to move their grain.

Nor would I consider all these people to be stupid. Uninformed or misinformed might be better. And there are lots of people who fall into this category. Consider the number of people who thing GMOs are bad; contrary to all science. (It does not help when Harper cut the science budget and has effectively muzzled the science community). Or look at the people just on this site who really believe if we remove the railway revenue cap we will get more grain movement.

Comment

Vvalk

To be clear.

You would condone Syria coming into canada to defeat the hell angels without Canada's permission then?

Am I correct in your comments?

Comment

Yup bucket that's exactly what I said by commenting on this commodity marketing site turning into a shit show. How did you know?

Comment

So by extension it's ok for anyone to invade another person's house for shits and giggles.

I don't condone what's going on over there but it's not our place when we have plenty of problems here.

Comment

Yes we have problems here. But they are not life and death issues, they are first world problems.

Over there, people are cutting off innocent peoples heads, crucifying them, stoning them, throwing them off of buildings, lighting them on fire.

How can a country with the means to help, sit idly by? How can we not give the help we can?

Canada is not a "peaceful" country historically. We have stepped in time and time again when wrongs are committed, when humans are dying.

This is about extending an existing mission of airstrikes on a bunch of brutal muslims who are worse than wild animals. Saving human life is a moral obligation, IMO.

I can imagine if your family was being crucified, being lit on fire, that you would hope for outside intervention in some capacity, if our own country men were not equipped to help.

Western Canada is overproducing unwanted crops like HRS, trying to pack them out of the middle of a huge land mass on pretty well one rail line. I am not sure there is a very easy answer to this issue, when we will still smash the inputs on, reaching for maximum yield. We will seed every acre whether it makes economic sense or not.

In the other thread about the auction sales, guys were oohing and awing about the price of a quad track or two. And then the next thread they are panicking because grain is not moving.

I am panicking too, but I am not looking at auction sale results with envy or shopping for a good deal, at the same time my bins are full of grain that won't move.

What should Harper do? Pull the few planes out of Iraq, and then put a limit on inputs this spring, so that we produce LESS for once?

Where is Ken Goudy? He had the actual answer to this riddle.

Yes, it is a middle east issue, on that I agree. I wish those people would just sort through it themselves. But when a brutal bunch of losers, are killing innocent people in the manner in which they are, I feel we must morally try to help out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...