• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do we get the Wingnuts out

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we get the Wingnuts out

Why are getting More involved in a war between MUSLIMs, shia versus sunni

Isis came about due to the elimination of Saddam Hussein and the Iraq war by GW bush

Stay the ***K out of it.

By Wingnuts I mean the Harper gov`t

Comment

Well, mustardman you and someone else from history would agree.
      <i>“We should seek by all means in our power to avoid war, by analysing possible causes, by trying to remove them, by discussion in a spirit of collaboration and good will.”
      “How horrible, fantastic, incredible it is that we should be digging trenches and trying on gas-masks here because of a quarrel in a faraway country between people of whom we know nothing. “ </i>Neville Chamberlain.

Whether or not it was a good idea to go into Iraq and remove Saddam is debatable, but leaving that country at the mercy of the Islamists was definitely a bad idea in my opinion. The US still has troops in Germany, but they ran away from Iraq in a decade. I may not be a world political analyst, but on a similar note, don’t even get me started on the lunacy that the US instigated in Libya with the removal of Kadaffi without any kind of succession plan there either.

Comment

A project started must be finished. Otherwise don't start it. It's a common theme to see countries being invaded for short term political and financial gains with no plan for fixing the resulting mess. Create a power vacuum, and 90% of the time it will be filled by someone worse than who was there in the beginning.

Historians of the future will look back on our times and just shake their heads at how stupid current governments are.

Comment

Yes katoe couldn't agree more.
          I thought Vietnam was the worst military invasion in my lifetime, but the Iraq invasion tops it with the rise of Isis from that debacle.
          Stephen was in opposition and dearly wanted to go to Iraq in 2003 but was Denied ,thank god. But now he wants to go in to get involved in a civil war between muslim sects. WTF !!

No plan and no plan how to exit, taking a page out of GW's playbook. Better not tell him he will now be allies with Iran or he'll get his panties in a knot

Comment

Problem is if we run away from the Isis deal we risk a spillover into neighbouring countries. Remember world war 2 started because of the state Germany was left in after ww1 and the crippling reparations to France. Iraq involvement at the start was a blunder but not staying is worse. The us inadvertantly created Isis so they should deal with it. Only thing is now there are two conflicts to stick your feet into leaving your nuts exposed. ie. Ukraine and Isis. Someone is there waiting to kick you

Comment

I remember us going to Iraq in 2003, but we just didn't talk about it. Maybe because Chretian didn't send them with guns and ammo.

Comment

And if I remember right they also had the wrong color of camo and had to borrow uniforms from the Americans.

Comment

Canada is making a huge mistake by getting involved in Syria. What's next? Somalia,Yemen,Nigeria,Sudan,...All of these countries have militant Islamic groups who are operating there and totally dislike the West.

Comment

The leaders of Iraq , Libya, and others were ousted because they were going to trade oil for gold and other currencies and not the U.S. Petro dollar - that created the power vacume to blossom ISIS . We helped create the problem so we unfortunately have to help fix it.

Comment

Harper was gungho to send troops into Iraq and help Bush but Chretien said we would support the mission if the UN observers found weapons of mass destruction.None were ever found. Who was correct Harper or Chretien?
                      So what is next?Somalia,Yemen, Nigeria...

Comment

Interesting that 85% of callers to John Gormley thought invading was Right.
                        Not saying all Gormley listeners are Stupid, but Uninformed would be more polite.
                        They should tune into CBC and listen to Anne Marie Tremonte as she had 2 experts on who actually knew something about the region and the issues. I can't say Gormley knows too much

Comment

What would Gormley's audience say to us sending troops to Iraq several years ago or to us expanding our fight to Somalia, Sudan, Nigeria... to fight ISIS in these countries today? Are their kids in the group of soldiers...going into these regions? His audience is at best uninformed.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...