• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Disaster

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waikato doesn't even farm. Seems to be a trend with these single desk types

Comment

Wilagro is what I meant before spell check. I remember awhile back wilagro admitting he doesn't farm anymore

Comment

Why yes forage farmer it was. Our future is prob. different, i'm a perennial optimist and you appear to be a perennial pessimist ( correct me if i'm wrong ) Looks like opposite directions to me. Other than the mid seventies, i don't think things have been more prosperous. Look at the price of land, usually a good indicator of prosperous times. Things have been far worse.

Comment

Stone picker - you are or were right - things have changed - we will see what happens within a year.
          We have been lucky here as well the past 5 years but we are in a down turn believe it or not

Comment

Stonepicker

Of coarse I'm an "perennial optimist" that's why wheat isn't my best paying crop as you stated it is in your post. That's the point I was making about my future, way more money to be made in other commodities other than wheat.

So you go ahead and bring up three bushel quotas in the 70's, that's 40 years ago, I'm in 2015.

Comment

Hey forage, if you can make way more money growing crops other than wht.,good for you, i prefer to grow wht., i have grown buckwheat in the past but i like wht. canola, bly. cheap crop to grow, spray it once with bumper and wait till harvest.

Comment

There Were 3 bushel quotas because our Govt`s at the time said we couldnt Sell to Communist countries.
                I am pretty sure this govt would also be in that camp. These wingnuts would have also been starting A War if theyd been in power.

Comment

And, then why did we sell all that wht. to russia? Dumbass

Comment

This thread has gone off topic. Ill try reset, and ask why do you pay for market advice? I dont, never will.Pretty easy these days to stay on top of the markets yourself. A few calls, emails and texts each day doesnt take much time. A good market newsletter like kostal, jubinville, are worthwhile for broader scope.

Comment

@FarmDinkallSolutions - But Theys Know More Than Yous

Comment

Some people like to delegate the responsibility of making tough marketing decisions out of house. That is why the CWB keeps being brought up in discussions like this. When we got poor prices for wheat and barley we could shrug and say "oh well nothing we can do about it". Marketing advisers now provide this relief valve, since hind site is always 20/20 we can blame someone else for non perfect decisions.

No one knows your operation and cash flow needs like you do.

Comment

won't even bother looking. Only one word for you ( actually two ) perfect asshole.

Comment

yep your right mbgrower

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...