• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

california loves almond milk but

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

california loves almond milk but

Why Almond milk is bad. 1. It takes 1.1 gallons of water to grow 1 almond. 2. It takes 30 almonds to make a 1/2 gallon of almond milk - that's 33 gallons of water.3. 80% of almonds are grown in California...which is in severe drought 4. California grows 2.1 billion almonds a year...that's an unsustainable amount of water.5. Drilling and pumping water to grow almonds sinks the San Joaquin valley 11 inches a year.6. It takes 60% or 1.6 million of the nations honeybees to pollinate almond orchards.7. Almonds are sprayed with a mix of a fungicide called " Pristine" and the insecticide diflubenzuron....this combo kills bees.8. Almond milk often has huge amounts of added sugars. Not great for you either.So if your skipping dairy or even meat to make a statement about saving the planet and saving water......you might want to re-think that if you are drinking almond milk...because your killing California. 

Shit I drank 2 gallons of this shit the last 4 months.

Comment

Sustainable agriculture? For how long. But it keeps on happening, as long as money can be made.

Comment

What ever happened to good old fashion, Oh hell lets just say it "M I L K"
        I tried the shit my wife brought home.
        Never again.

Comment

Oh great, my wife guzzles the stuff by gallon.
          All I can say is it's better then soy milk.

Comment

Some of the same crowd will slam GMO and seed treatments that may or may not have a direct link to bee health ...... Ah the power of suggestive propaganda .

Comment

I used to drink alot of soymilk. I became so well developed I needed to start wearing a Manzere and didn't have to shave....

Trendy....

Ok, I can accept people's intolerance to certain foods but some of these things are simply trends.

My sister works at/manages a healthfood store and says some of the customers are quite unusual In their approach to things. The worst is the stuff that strays too far from the ordinary, snakeoil and tinctures and potions with the hope of miracle cures for ailments. There was a show done recently on the boobtube showing how easy it was to get Health Canada's approval and the product was making claims about reducing fever and such in children.....

Science versus witchcraft and potions. You pick.
              Science got it wrong in the past too.....

Comment

What a bummer..We love Chocolate Almond...

Comment

Hey I follow some of my friends on facebook that are a bit off the beaten path they tend to like articles such as what I cut and pasted. I find these people from my travels. And may well be surrounded and immersed with these people when I retire. Or a life divided between. As to the entire trueth of it could and should most likely be in question. I went back to regular milk and extra whipping cream and sugar for berries. Andbthe kids love it. As the almond was just a fad diet for me also. I guess.

Comment

California supplies 80 percent of the worlds almonds. California will also pay you to replace you lawn with cacti. Should smarten up the two year old kid. Let him lose in back yard.

Comment

hemp oil canada makes a hemp milk. Is there some math on that? I have tried it and thought it was pretty good.
                      Best milk I ever drank was Horizon Dairy organic milk. I dont think it was because it was organic but it was really heavy like when we were kids. Whole milk possibly? I recall because I was at an organic conference and extremely skeptical about organic products. I tried the milk, the proceeded to drink 5 more glasses before the end of the meal.

Comment

I dont know SORRY

Comment

Stormin. i think you are looking for this
                          http://www.oatdeal.com
                          I met these folks while taking a course this winter,. Its really nice, they were about to get on the shelf with Federated Co-op last I heard.
                          I love oats.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...