• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fed Statement: The Stakes are High

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fed Statement: The Stakes are High

Tomorrow, the U.S. Fed will make another indication of whether there is a pending late spring rate hike or not.

The word 'patience' is the talk of New York. Patience stated in this address suggest the Fed is backing off any rate rate for the foreseeable future. But hiking the rate by say 1/4% is high states global poker (IMO) for financial and commodity markets. Contagion is the risk to both global markets and the U.S. economy. It must be contained. Global central bankers are now in-unison cutting rates. The U.S. is the exception.

U.S. stellar unemployment rate of just 5.5% should garner a rate hike. But U.S. unemployment is much higher than 5.5% as the overall workforce is shrinking with little evidence of wage growth.

This has backed the Fed into a corner. The promise is for rates to begin to rise. But the question now is; can the U.S. absorb this shock without consequences and reality that the American recovery remains on crutches.

I bring this up as tomorrow is important. If the Fed holds off rates, the stock market bubble continues, the U.S. dollar could continue its mind boggling climb, crude oil prices could continue their drop and washout in precious metals continues. If the Fed indicates a hike, equities and the U.S. dollar may sell-off triggering a rise in crude and the Cdn dollar. The state of the Fed statement is even has a direct impact on our grain and cattle.

The risks are high . . . a faux pas by the Fed could have major economic consequences globally (IMO). But now its time. The Fed has talked-the-talked. Now it's time to walk-the-walk.

It could be a very interesting day!
    Shit or get off the pot.
    Time will tell.

Comment

I predict the sun will rise in the East. It will be a glorious day in the neighbourhood and the Fed can do what ever the hell it wants. As long as one aligns him or her self with the power brokers in the US of A they will do just fine.

Comment

Jesse ColomboJesse Colombo Contributor
        I'm an economic analyst who is warning of dangerous post-2009 bubbles
        Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
        FOLLOW

INVESTING 3/17/2015 @ 11:32PM 4,933 views
        Why Another Big Dollar And Euro Move May Be Imminent
        Comment Now Follow Comments
        In late-February, I showed a series of chart patterns in numerous global currencies that I said may be signaling that a major move was ahead. More specifically, I explained that the U.S. dollar was likely to rise after breaking out of a bullish triangle pattern, and that the euro was likely to fall after breaking its bearish triangle pattern. Sure enough, this aforementioned scenario is exactly what happened in the past few weeks.

Interestingly, I am seeing similar technical patterns forming once again. Most of these patterns are pennant patterns, which look like small triangles. Pennant patterns are typically continuation patterns that lead to further moves in the direction of the primary trend when the pattern completes. The U.S. Dollar Index is forming what appears to be a bullish pennant pattern, but it needs to be confirmed by a convincing breakout. The U.S. Dollar Index’s pennant is forming at the important psychological level of 100, which could be a “make-or-break” point.

Dollar

Source: Finviz.com

The euro, which trades inversely with the U.S. dollar, appears to be forming a bearish pennant pattern that must be confirmed by a decisive breakdown. The euro is just above its key psychological level of 1.000 (to the U.S. dollar), which may draw the currency to it like a magnet.

Euro

The Japanese yen may also be forming a bearish pennant pattern like the euro is, but it must be confirmed by a breakdown.

Yen

The Australian dollar appears to be forming a bearish pennant pattern too.

AUD

The Canadian dollar is sitting just above its .7800 support level that it must break under to give another bearish signal.

CAD

The numerous currency pennant patterns that are forming are likely due to the fact that market participants are waiting for the outcome of the Federal Reserve’s FOMC meeting that concludes on Wednesday. If the market interprets the Fed’s statements as hawkish, it should give the dollar the go-ahead to rally again, while the other currencies are likely to continue their descent. If, for whatever reason, the dollar experiences a bearish breakdown from its pennant pattern, then the potentially bullish implications of this pattern will be negated.

Please follow or add me on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to stay informed about the most important trading and bubble news as well as my related commentary.

(Disclaimer: All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not be relied on for making any investment decisions. These chart analysis blog posts are simply market “play by plays” and color commentaries, not hard predictions, as the author is an agnostic on short-term market movements.)

Comment

Errol,
          Is there at all, a possibility that the Fed could raise interest rates (to project the necessity of cooling the US economy, fib I know), and as well, in April see the B of Canada cut interest rates?

If that were to happen the CAD would be down to 65 cents(USD) in a flash!

Comment

Once your stuck in zero bound you can not effectively move out of it maybe a quarter point.

Most countries are past 200x dept to GDP

Once the next crisis hits you'll see negative rates.

If the rest of the world was normal the usdx would be in the trash bin.

Comment

cp,
              "Once the next crisis hits you'll see negative rates."

That would cause a shot to the moon!
              Wouldn't all those trillions currently sitting on the sidelines pour into equities, intrinsics, USD's ! ???

A play, still even now, could make you look like a genius or a chump.

cp, this might be the moment you've always posted about, when land and farming becomes king.

Comment

This is the most important statement by the Fed in years . . . stay tuned.

Comment

A lot of things can happen between here and there.

Commodity demand isn't catching investment speculation.

Money is hiding out in stocks bonds and US dollars.

If the global credit market seases up cash will be king

Lots of unknowns to predict the future but i still believe eventually they will print

Comment

Fed has taken the word "patient" out of their rhetoric. But no imminient rate hike either. Fed double-talk . . . .

Impact: U.S. equities roared higher after these dovish comments. Dow above 18,000 points again.

U.S. dollar was slammed lower as market senses no rate hike soon.

Crude oil reversed $2.50 per barrel from its low in just 25 minutes on U.S. losses. Crude priced in U.S. dollars.

The Cdn dollar is roaring right now on the U.S. dollar fallout.

Gold roared about $20 per oz higher after these comments.

Wheat traders should be thrilled with the U.S. dollar plunge.

But what's the bottomline . . . the Fed is still not hiking interest rates. And chances are (IMO) there will be no Fed hike in 2015. The U.S. economy is simply not healthy enough for a hike anytime soon in my opinion.

Comment

No bias for rate hike at April meeting.

I agree entirely that the U.S. economy is not doing well.

Comment

[URL="http://news.yahoo.com/swedish-central-bank-cuts-key-rate-further-below-164625984.html;_ylt=AwrBJSAprQlVM0wAUJDQtDMD"]Swedish central bank cuts key rate further below zero[/URL]

Comment

boarder . . . massive rise in the Canadian dollar this aft. Sept loonie up more than 2 cents breaking above 80 cents U.S.

market turbulence tomorrow . . . .

Comment

Look at the swing in the usdx,over 5 frickin points

Comment

Cotton . . . You may be right about QE4.

Would bet that the Fed will print more money before they will ever increase rates. The world now appears to be sliding into a huge currency war . . . similar to 1937?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...