• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 days till Swift Current Richie Bros. Sale!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 days till Swift Current Richie Bros. Sale!

Thursday is the first sale of the 2015 spring run on equipment. I always find the first sale of the year interesting. For me it give a report card on how well farmers are doing. Now yes Swift is a great place for first sale. The SW has had probably 8 years of the best crops of those farmers lives. So if its a positive sale it will reaffirm that things are good. If prices are down then Oh shit what will the rest be like.
    Funny when you look at the summer sale run, most sales are in the Wet Zone. Hm makes you realize how tough it is to farm in Mud.
    I wont be going as to many things on the go but will have a iPad with me to watch the process.
    All canola deliveries are canceled today till Friday so now were 19000 bus behind on March contract. HRS might get deliveries today for week but still haven't got my morning loads text.
    So lots of nice equipment some almost new.

Sf3

What you thinking?

Up. Down. Or sideways for prices.

Dealers are low on some things full on others.

Tough call.

Farmers are maybe a bit reserved with lack of movement. The fx. Maybe just keeping some cash.

Be interesting to see if the Americans show up. Good deal for them and the fx isn't hidden when they buy.

Comment

Its in a great crop area. Good yields last few years and good prices. Good movement for most part.
      Big drills and if I needed a quad trac I definitely wouldn't be buying new.
      Like I said Its the bell ringer sale of the year. Cant wait.
      Better than any survey.

Comment

Results will vary with region like you pointed out.
        Cocky versus pistol whipped.....

Comment

With the dollar at where it is..Most stuff might go to the U.S...

Comment

Check some usa sales and prices are low to lower! Plus check AgTalk their is s thread about sales in Iowa and Kansas where it seems quite a few BTOs are leaving the industry! So who knows!

Comment

IMO the real barometer will be the Saskatoon sale. The Swift Sale is mostly the biggest and newest of the "used". There are still guys with very good cash flow that will consider some of that equip a deal compared to new.
              The Saskatoon sale is slightly smaller older stuff - if you call 2012 older, that will not go to guys with cash. That imo will show what is happening with the other 80% of guys.
              If Swift is down a bit S'toon will be down a lot I would think.
              Then again that's a big "if", after the last 5 years a lot of new upgrading has been done but auctions have still been holding up well. There is a lot of iron to move but it always seems to go at a decent price.

Comment

Todate USA sales are down!

Comment

Quad tracks with def. I think I will pass

Over & Out

Comment

Americans will be back in buying up farm machinery with CDN dollar way down.

Comment

Herd the Americans are buying all the high end used trucks at wholesale dealer auctions. Not sure of truth but do know of guys looking.

Comment

One thing that hit me was when I was at the dealership today. I just wondered what it would cost to order three S690s At todays dollar.
                        Ah Good used might fetch a few dollars, because adding 22% to new just sucks shit.

Comment

One would think that the quality will sell right down the trade premium column at least.
                          Possible tax changes down south, and high iron/acre ratio here. (Low Hour comparatively). Traditionally Canadian Dealers selling south have high margin factors on those deals and get them.
                          Still lots of money here as well and the internet is now the great auction equalizer. All bets off on aged or needing repair iron however. We'll see.

Comment

we bought a tractor at auction, transmission wrecked, needs $45,000 repair. After a year of working on it am told that auction house is responsible for insuring that the piece is working and not in this condition. An auctioneer told me, "We would not be in business long if we sold wrecked equipment!" What's your experience?

Comment

Just looked at futures prices. And fact the americans have been reported to walking away from land rent contracts. That said with acreage shifts some need machinery. At auction cannot leave with machine without writing a certified check at richies. I can see trucks in demand.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...