• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it actually warm and melting somewhere?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it actually warm and melting somewhere?

Today's forecast was for plus nine. Sitting here at plus 1 in very foggy conditions.

Very little melting has happened, which is normal for now, but I keep looking at the forecast and wondering why we are being left out again! grrr.

Further you go north of vSlley more snow! Worked black 20% showing rest barely any or 10% fog left hour ago!

Comment

Thanks SF3. So our fog will leave just in time for sunset! lol

Comment

17 degrees in the sunny south central here today and water is running HARD!

Comment

One guy just sent a picture from Lethbridge of a guy heavy harrowing!

Comment

Im near Lethbridge. See a few tractors in the field, mostly working in manure. We could seed next week if we wanted to.

Comment

Warm air not going to push as far north east as they said - maybe tomorrow then it will drop off again for a bit in east / northeast Sask . We will be on edge of warm air here.

Comment

Next two weeks highs are higher than the overnight lows forecasted here. All hells going to break loose. Not much ground showing at momment. Can still snowmobile no problem.

Comment

Freewheat, sounds like you live in a cool spot like us. We have a little microclimate in this valley where its nearly always colder and wetter than surrounding areas. Was 15C in Red Deer today, came home to 6C in the valley (45 minutes away). Our snow is virtually unbroken, theirs is gone.
                  I think once you get more into the grass/livestock side you'll find your climate more conducive. I know our microclimate makes it one of the best places in the province to grow grass. Less heat means the grass won't lignify as early/bad with you.

Comment

Today's forecast was for plus nine. Sitting here at plus 1 in very foggy conditions.  Very little melting has happened, which is normal for now, but I keep looking at the forecast and wondering why we are being left out again! grrr.

If you treat your ***** right she will melt. Its mating time. Which should be normal for now dont look too far ahead, take her to the newest canalta never before used room things may start flowing. Cook best meal you can. She will purr you will grrrr no more. Oh and do as I say not as I do. Good luck. :-)

Comment

Grassfarmer. I swear we are in a micro-climate of cool and wet, within a bigger region of cool and wet. Literally 10 miles makes a really big impact on the climate here. Ten miles west, and ten miles north, it is completely different, (dryer, warmer), than it is right around our farm. And if you go east, it is like us, but then you get past Preeceville, to Norquay/Kamsack etc. and again, they are warmer and dryer than us. Our pocket I would say is about 20 miles from south to north, and about 30 miles from west to east. We are right in the middle.

I talked on another thread about the Quill Lake effect. I believe we get our own little climate from "lake effect", and also because where we are, the land rises up 50 to 100 feet above the pothole country to our west and south slightly.

Thanks for the encouragement about weather for animal production. We sure do grow good grass/hay, and 30 C is very rare anymore in summer. Which makes it hard to hay!

Comment

That does sound like here freewheat. Got a booklet from AB Crop insurance recently with the map of the province showing various weather patterns from last year - temperature in April, in June, precip in June, August etc and in every one our valley is a perfect bullseye maybe 20 miles across - always the coldest, then the driest. A couple of years ago it was one of the predicted high grasshopper populations in an area where grasshoppers aren't usually an issue. It was remarkable to see it shown so clearly on a provincial map.

Comment

Today's high. Plus 8. Current temp. Plus 2. Sun is gone. Clouding over. Grrrrrrr!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...