• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktail Friday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktail Friday!

Todays drink kind of reflects my mood. Farming has challenges in Canada that is a given. Our climate dictates how well our crop turns out. But when were working and planning and doing every thing we can to keep moving forward yet industry keeps taking us back down, something is wrong.
    Yesterday our Prime minister stopped in Saskatchewan for a little chat in front of SARM. Our Rural leaders.
    It was a lovely chat. About Guns and distant to nearest police center in rural. Yes I agree your yard and property and home, you should be able to defend. Twinning a highway a few miles out of Saskatoon. Good Idea lots of traffic but the new passing lanes to Fort have made that drive excellent.
    Then comments on Railways was bang on. Problem Some farmers mostly younger guys the next generation needed some life line from the Prime minister. FCC is due on Saturday and needed some extension due to grain movement like last year. It costs nothing makes FCC money on interest and takes the stress level down a notch. When you chat with independents and line companies the independents have lots and the line companies have a few guys. Why now just try to help these guys. We need young farmers and if we loose this group were all F#$Ked. Really its rather simple to understand my point. If a young guy sees that something he cant control and has planned for all year doesn't happen and he is under the knife due to grain delivery disruption, It leaves a sour taste in his mouth. Then their is the Fert seed and chem increases and the price decrease for all products we sell. Finally he gives up goes back to the city and leaves his older father handle the issues at the farm and finally the father sells out and another farmer is gone. So that is the main reason why I'm totally sick of Studies and Bullshit in this game we call farming. So todays drink is simple Elections coming and really I couldn't care less. Not going to vote not going to scratch my ballot not going to donate. Simple answers help, studies just buy time and hope the problem goes away.

Adios Mother%^&Ker Cocktail Recipe
    Ingredients :
    - 1/2 oz vodka
    - 1/2 oz rum
    - 1/2 oz tequila
    - 1/2 oz gin
    - 1/2 oz blue curacao liqueur
    - 2 oz sweet and sour mix
    - 2 oz soda (7-up, sprite)
    Use a "In glass" for Adios Mother%^&*r drink recipe

Pour all ingredients except the 7-Up into a chilled glass filled with ice cubes. Top with 7-Up and stir gently.
    Serve in "Highball Glass" Garnish: No

Ah it tastes so good.

Anybody ever rip skidded bins out of the ground this time of the year to move? Never thought it was possible but with a lot of work it is possible. All I know is when were done today and the noon whistle blows I will need a few drinks. Klause are you around ? Maybe we said everying last time but maybe we can repeate just once I am getting old not easy to sink in.

Comment

This ones a dozy

Comment

In my opinion that drink may be better with just 3 oz vodka.

Comment

How do you add so many ingredients without overflowing the cup?

Comment

How do you add so many ingredients without overflowing the cup?

Comment

Use a really big cup!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

With these warm temps, beer season is right around the corner. Sorry Sk3 your drink is for da beach. Nothing like a cold beer on a hot day.

Comment

I do agree with you on the cool beer on a hot day at the beach.
                  Cant wait for that time of year. Saskatchewan does have 6 months that are really nice. With two that are exceptional.

Comment

Bottled a "Brewer's Spring" batch of beer yesterday, will be ready to drink by warm weather. Tastes fine, but flat out of carboy.

Comment

you better open a bar sask as bartender parsley waitress cotton as bouncer grassfarmer in adevertising klause buyer of all wine spirits and beer and he can haul em back some of you guys are rough and tumble so biker friendly

Comment

Good idea! Now I know what I would do if I sold out and moved to Australia! We have outback steak house! Now what could we call it? Hm!

Comment

When I was worked in australia nsw all I ate was sheep meat. If I seen a cow I would have hugged and kissed it for sure. I guess it comes down to what one is used to. :-). Hey mallee what is up with all them toads some kind of toad in the north east spreading Killing everything Are they edible or possible organic fertilizer.

Comment

St. Gregor bar is for sale. Coffee at the seniors hall is two bucks now and everyone makrs their own and does dishes. Catering business. Post office. They make great deep fried everything and the best pizza. There you go sask 3 . 6 am till 2 am job but I think you can run it from your i phone. Oh yes also bus depo. Maybe mallee will work for 3 months of the year as a temp forienge worker just to cool off from dec to feb.

Comment

Hopper is there any bar in Sask that isn't for sale.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...