• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing Our Grip -2015 Update

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Our Grip -2015 Update

It is often asked what are "our" farm groups doing to address the issues of the day? Well here is the latest production from the NFU. A report based on analysis of the situation of corporate land ownership, farm debt and input financing concluding with recommendations for policy makers on how to best proceed to protect farmers interests.

Full report is available at:
    http://www.nfu.ca/sites/www.nfu.ca/files/Losing%20Our%20Grip%20-%202015%20Update_med.pdf

with an executive summary available at:
    http://www.nfu.ca/issues/losing-our-grip-2015-update

Someday I'm gonna halfta go to a NFU conference just to soak it in or at least to stir the pot. In the mean time, why do I never (knowingly) run into any NFU at any of the seminars, conventions etc I attend? The concerns for the future raised at every other forward looking event I go to never sound familiar on the NFU site?
    Not being so ignorant as to suggest who is right or wrong, just don't feel any alignment with the unchanging lament. Not that the NFU has a license on broken records judging by angryville most days.

Comment

Blackpowder, didnt you know this site is a meeting forum for closet NFU members...

Comment

Fair enough blackpowder, the issues that concern you are maybe different than those brought to the fore by the NFU. That's OK.
        Plenty of the other posters on here express concerns about several of the issues concerned in this report though, as well as asking why the farm organisations aren't speaking out on the issues that concern them. Just thought I'd post something current and relevant to many of the posters concerns on here from the organisation I am proud to belong to.
        The NFU is working for its members interests and seeking to influence policy makers through the appropriate channels. Can't condemn them for that.

Comment

In the last year and a half the NFU has gained alot of credibility for me.

Ritz and others use a lot of rhetoric in their arguments to justify what they have done. But then they use a lot of rhetoric in their failures as well.

The logic of some of what the NFU predicted has come true.

Maybe not on all issues. But going forward they become more believable as opposed to Ritz and Anderson bellowing conservative rhetoric to point where it is sickening.

It does get a little tiresome when ritz repeats himself about how good farmers have had it for the last couple years failing to recognize how much better it could have been.

Comment

me too, NFU is the only one saying anything . all others are only saying what govt and industry (not farmers) allows them too

Comment

and I talked to big wheel at APAS about a month ago . he said they had to study about what to complain about to govt !!! but said there would be a big announcement soon , anyone heard one from them ??? they are another check off , wonder if everyone remembers that ?

Comment

You're right grass, we can't criticize for that.
                Come to think of it since you dont wear uniforms, there might have been some of you in the crowd this winter. Pretty sure if I went to one of yours I'd feel like Custer.
                But it wouldn't hurt me tho. Solutions may need to come from true round tables. Every damn player in the entire industry has been taught for generations its us or them. I'm still hearing far to many symptoms of this syndrome from every sector every day.
                I may not agree with anything you say, but we are on the same boat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...