• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOP THAT S. T.. U... P.... I..... D...... hunger strike Jackson!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STOP THAT S. T.. U... P.... I..... D...... hunger strike Jackson!!!

Who cares???

Still have not heard a word of it on any news channel or the radio stations I listen too. Are you sure your not just dieting Tom?

Comment

Agchat,

OK... I am dieting... isn't that what a hunger strike is?

I am not eating any Meat or starchy solid foods...

because I am annoyed...
      the governments of Canada... and Alberta....

allow the Railways to bully grain growers... with impunity...

and allow them (CN/CP) to personally bully my family and farm with a $423,000 'Writ of Execution' on my farm land...

The Railways are almost 23,000 grain rail cars short... in 2015

delaying my farms deliveries on 100's of thousands of $$$ of deliveries... for our farm alone...

Wouldn't any reasonable person... say...

I have justifiable cause for my Hunger Strike???

Comment

If every farmer went on a hunger strike when grain contracts were delayed the prairie would have nothing but skinny people. These kind on problems are normal when your production is thousand of miles from the market. Rail service in Canada is a natural monopoly is another huge problem which makes the situation much worse than it has to be though.

Comment

AJL

We NEED to change the system. We can ship, by rail... in an orderly manner... our grain and grain products in domestic and export markets.

We could easily do this reasonable duty... IF THE RAILWAYS WERE NOT HOLDING GRAIN GROWERS RANSOM.

This is not fair. The RR know EXACTLY how to increase capacity by at least 30 percent for grain movement... and If they don't know... or are short of Ideas... I would very politely... tell these RR people... how to achieve these needed results!!!!!!

Comment

Dieting is a wee bit different than a hunger strike. I well remember the huger strike by IRA prisoners in the Maze, Northern Ireland in the 80's. Ten of them died, takes between 60-70 days, and their demands were rightly never met by the Thatcher Government.

Bobby Sands was elected an MP during his protest - there is an idea for you. Of course it would take commitment to do that.

Comment

I think you'd be better off ' Throwing your weight around' in this inept government Tom, than a hunger strike

Comment

probabaly get more response if you went naked to parliament hill, haha just saying they might throw the camara your way, just don t have anything pointy looking, could be trouble but it would get attention. I could see the headline already. hahaha

Comment

OK Mustard,

What do you think I should do?

Grassy... IF I do not drink fluids... and take in reasonable minerals and vitamins... I will not live long enough to accomplish anything.

Am I not doing EXACTLY...what I should be doing... on a hunger strike?

I spent the last 2 days... at a Alberta Pulse Growers Strategic Planning session in Canmore. I had a couple of bowls of soup while I was there... that was it besides liquds... NO SOLID FOODS.

When I spoke about our plight... folks usually just look at the floor... and look glum... like nothing can be done...
                  CEO Gord Bacon of Pulse Canada was very good talking to me... about transportation logistics... and process.

CEO Gord... says the RR are doing EXACLY what their shareholders have asked. No failures in the RR strategy of implementaion of that strategy to increase profit and lower costs.

At grain growers expense I would add.

Comment

Tom, like agchat , did an exhaustive search and found nothing but your last one in 1996 against CWB

If you're only telling people on agriville, sorry buddy, it truly is a diet.

If you can't get decent media coverage and awareness, then yes, heed your topic headline.

Comment

Tom

You should call CBC. They would pick up the story.

Comment

tweety,

Just like grain growers lack of grain rail service can't get decent coverage... do you truly suggest doing nothing is a solution?

WOW.

CEO Hunter is smooth... that southern drawl... just puts people right to sleep!!!

Who would have thought grain growers could so easily fall asleep to the song of a railroader... our canadian tendencies must really be being shown now!!!

Ahhh... Ehhhh... OK... take the farm... I didn't really want it anyway!!!

Comment

Bucket,

How about YOU call CBC.

Link them in.

My cell number is 780-238-4016.

You can be my publicity manager!!!

Thanks for that suggestion!!!

Comment

Tom: you keep talking about shipping "in an orderly manner" but seriously, who in your mind is organizing and overseeing your orderly manner?

We could have all the rail cars and pulling power in the world, that would not help a bit if farmers filled up the elevators and terminals with the wrong grain or grades.

And if you argue the market will tell farmers what to delivery I call BS. I can contract wheat delivery now for fall without any clue as to grade or protein level - just the discount/premium. And I will expect the company to take that delivery come fall regardless if they have sales because I have a contract. I have neighbors who deliver half their crop off the combine regardless of what is needed but simply because they contract delivery for then.

Basis should be the signal to deliver or hold but I can also book a basis contract and thereby bypass the signal not to deliver because I have a contract that tells me that basis signals can be ignored.

Seriously Tom, every farmer wants early delivery opportunities but not only our rail roads but our commercial system simply is not designed for the volume we now produce. Second,there is no one in charge of the system directing the system so it is everyone for themselves. Third, our marketing and pricing system is not doing the job it is supposed to do. So how will that ever lead to an orderly market system.

Comment

I don't think tweety is suggesting doing nothing. I suspect he is suggesting using social media to get the message out. I suspect that getting the message to the main stream media should be a major part of your communication strategy.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...