• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacific or Atlantic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific or Atlantic

A year or so ago, Dr Richard Gray said that the effective break point for our export grain had moved east to around Brandon.
    He was suggesting more storage and handling capacity to handle exports from west.
    Recently, we have reports on AV of higher prices at Atlantic ports than Pacific, in part at least, due to low ocean shipping rates.
    Wonder if the break point has started to move west again and if Gray's advice to growers, shippers and government still holds true.
    Also wonder how spring and summer seaway movement is shaping up with heavy ice, new ships and latest changes to shipping costs and rates.

Years ago the CWB did some trials of shipping grain down the Mississippi. I wonder how freight rates at today's prices would look.

Comment

I wonder if someone could build a terminal at the headwaters and shuttle back and forth. ?

Cwb has no west coast capacity. They are limited by freeze up.

They have to correct it going forward.

Comment

They needed to buy an Independent that had access to Alliance Grain Terminal(?). Like WIT???

Comment

Wouldn't have they gained access through the purchase of GST and PWT? Am I missing something?

Comment

Could be. Forgot about their purchases.

I wish they would have an IPO for the cwb for former and existing permit book holders. Show them a permit book And you can buy shares.

They are positioning themselves up nicely. To bad a major will end up with it for nothing.

Sort of like that money printing machine P&H got at weyburn.

Comment

There was a clause in the Alliance grain terminal ownership agreement, whereby the shares revert to the remaining owners if there is a change in ownership in the the terminal ownership group.

This was put in place to prevent a change of control from happening if terminal's country operations are bought out.

Comment

LEP,

That would have been a feather in their hat had port terminal access went with the inland terminals. I "suspect" it may have been to keep some other guys out ratber than a "new" player in? So P&H would have gained a stronger position with the purchase of WIT. P&H and Paterson would have gained some more shares from from the sale of some Independants? Still boils down to more control in the hand of, like bucket likes to say, the "Families".

Comment

Thanks LEP, never knew that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...