• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#FREETHERAILS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pars,

The government of MB expropriated land whenever and wherever they want to... and provide you with assessment value not market value.

Sask did the same thing to my in laws to build highway 16.

My premise is the Railways didn't hold up their end of the agreement thus a breach of contract thus they have no right to the Rail lines.

Most rail accidents are from bad uundercarriage in Canada... and if the tracks were independently maintained they would be in better shape.

Comment

Klaus, the government of MB doesn't have 150 2000$ suit wearing professional lobbyists who just happen to also be experienced well paid lawyers to bargain with like the RR does.

They would keep that in court FoReVeR.

Its why the CTA doesn't apply. Why fines don't apply. Why parliament doesn't matter. Why farm groups and CRS are irrelevant.

Love the shares idea. Clean! (and legal without lawyers)

Comment

Yes, well, Elizabeth May will use your precedent to claim that your lack of environmental responsibility on your land and thus causing harm to habitat, is reason enough to expropriate what you worked to legally own.

I expect people who make an agreement to keep an agreement. You can always sue for damages. But expropriation must never become the default option in a free society. I'd appreciate if you read that last sentence twice, klaus.

I realize it's an old-fashioned concept to those who don't value both the financial and the moral weight of an agreement. Parsley

Comment

Parsley perhaps you missed my post. They are publicly traded. Publicly traded companies get created every day. They also get hostile take overs every day. No one is expropriating anything parsley. You are wrong. The govt take over can be a bid that shareholders agree to. And obama will say good ridance to the forienge company the dumb **** he is. I am right parsley.

Comment

I'll read it again in the morning, hopper. I haven't followed the threads, and did read it quickly, and am bit dull at the best of times. And just got my assed kicked in a game today. ;D. Thanks, hopper, for poking me if you're right. pars

Comment

Aside from the hostile takeover many companies will have running rights to improve service. Its about service. If service is improved the value of the railroad is increased.

Comment

Cncpr are not entirely owned by canadians. How many americans have ownership? 85 percent possibly? How many chinese nationals own shares? 50 percent? No one in vancouver can aford a house apparently need 85 percent of gross income to make payments on a house in vancouver Ya like that will work. After tax your ****ed even before groceries. Ok go blind we dont have a problem. I say take it now for what they are worth. Its publicly traded no one is stealing.

Comment

.....moral weight of an argument. When it comes to Corporations? Really. Money trumps morality at every turn in a capitalistic system.

Comment

I am not sure that more competition on the rails will help. In Alberta the power was deregulated and it has been a gong show and costs have only gone up. Previous system had only 1 or 2 players that submitted costs and the government allowed them to show a 20% return on investment. It was a healthy profit that any company would be happy to earn year in and out.

Since deregulation the power companies cant plan long term and will only build facilities and plan if they can show huge profits in the short term, because the long term is too uncertain. This has caused power rates to increase way more than under the regulated profit system.

The government needs to provide a good rate of return to the existing rail companies for hauling grain, but make sure they are meeting expectations for movement. Penalize them for poor performance on a 5 week moving average. Take away oil cars and other freight cars for every car short of grain.

Do not take away the max rate for hauling grain and open running rights on the rail or it will be like power in Alberta and the insecurity will make rail rates go up a lot.

Comment

Poorboy,

Good points.

Long term money has never been cheaper.

Now CN/CP have sold off old locomotives... they can reinvest in fuel efficient new iron... with increased efficiency and capacity.

Same with minimal capital costs to increase capacity to the Prince Rupert corridor. easily 30 percent can be achieved with very little real capital cost when low interest is incorporated.

The CN/CP Alliance could become nearly as profitable as Apple... if we fall for the slick well oiled machine CEO Hunter has played Ottawa with over the past 2 -6 months, and chimed in at Chambers of Commerce across Canada.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...