• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faller, Prosper recommended for interim registration

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faller, Prosper recommended for interim registration

http://www.manitobacooperator.ca/news-opinion/news/faller-prosper-recommended-for-interim-registration/

farmers in this area reported yields well above regular varieties. anybody grow either variety this past year? ( protein quite a bit lower )

Comment

Premium wih Warbiton is .27 a bushel. Need way more fert and has to be cert seed, downgraded low protein.
      So big yield.

Comment

Poor premium compared to glenn wht. ( warburton )Hard to get past the bullshit to find out what actual yields were.

Comment

I heard 70 but can't some spring varieties do that around Winnipeg.

Comment

So if the path we take is to adapt American varieties of questionable qualities what's the point in R&D here??

Or am I thinking too much. ?

You might make grade or you might not sounds like malt barley.

Comment

in this area everyone was between 90-100, no facts to support that, these are coffee shop bushels. maybe it is maybe it isn't, take it for what it's worth. i didn't grow any prosper or faller.

Comment

So like bucket says are we just going to use American varieties and pay through the nose for really nothing new.

Comment

Because one things for sure their bread in the stores tastes like shit.

Comment

Why would you have to pay through the nose to grow an american variety? Buy it at your local seed plant then clean your own seed next year. .27 cent warburton premium isn't enough to bother with certified seed.

Comment

You beat me to it stonepicker. The carrots for these IP Programs are a joke. Especially wheats. Canola can be a bit of a different story if your close to a crusher and don't have too big of a yeild loss on some of their "specialty" varieties. Kinda of insulting. Offer to grow it for them, they supply the inputs and you charge them the going rate for rent and charge them custom rates for all operations....suddenly they're not so interested. LOL

Comment

If I remember a Program Patterson ran or Richardson, You were forced to buy certified seed every year. They called it keeping its purity.
                        Math just didn't add up.

Comment

The guys I know who grow Faller get 100bu/ac and haul it to the states for 7 bucks. They dont know what to do with their money.

Comment

Ok but under the new rules wont some young gun from the seed company show up at these guys farms and say. Here is a nice piece of paper that says you owe me a royalty of 30 to 70 a acre. Payable today. Thanks.
                            We take visa.
                            Just saying.

Comment

Faller is a public variety... I don't think they can charge royalties on it...

Wasn't it developed at the U of North Dakota?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...