• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocktail Friday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktail Friday!

Well when I started this last night it looked like the weather was going to really change next week and we were moving on to more spring conditions. Well its still a great forecast but not as warm.
    So with a warm up maybe the railways can start figuring out how to move cars around.
    I have a question for all on agriville. If cars are sitting at Terminal A with a order going to terminal A to have the train move cars to track one and two. But during the night train comes and hooks on cars and moves to their main yard. Then in two days moves same said cars back to terminal as new order.
    All three terminals on our line had the magic car movement last week.
    Hm does this method of moving or shuffling cars make the transportation agency math work better. Just asking.
    Well off to haul grain first time in 5 weeks, the line up should be what a mile long.

In 2012 Grey Goose launched a new flavored vodka called Cherry Noir and the Cherry Lane is one of the signature cocktails. Actually, this is one of the finer cherry-flavored cocktails that I have seen in a long time. Not normally a fan of cherry infusions, this one is a great change of pace - not the 'cough syrup' taste of many - and in this drink it is enhanced with the lovely combination of herbs found only in Benedictine.

You may notice that the flavor of bitters is undefined. By default this would lead us to use an aromatic bitter such as that from Angostura or Peychaud. However, I challenge you to think out of the box a bit more and experiment with a citrus, even a chocolate bitter, any of which make an equally nice compliment to the drink.
    Ingredients
    •1 1/2 parts Grey Goose Cherry Noir Vodka
    •3/4 parts Benedictine Liqueur
    •1 1/2 parts lemon juice
    •3/4 parts simple syrup
    •1 dash bitters
    •cherries for garnish

Prep Time: 3 minutes

Total Time: 3 minutes
    Yield: 1 Cocktail
    Preparation
    1.Mix all ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously.
    2.Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with cherries on a cocktail pick.

Their you have it. Ah.
    Ok go to Costco and purchase the Kirkland Vodka in Alberta works just as good.

SF3,

You are a little slow... if you think the weather this winter... slowed down the trains... At minus 20 on Sunday... I passed a CP potash unit train with 175 potash cars loaded... headed for the coast. 4 loco's... 2 front, 1 middle, 1 rear. 92 cars between middle and rear engine. 80km/hr.

Railers have no significant problem in the weather this winter... especially in the western CDN prairie. It has been great with nice thaws to melt down what snow had fallen!

Comment

Tom that's was a joke part.
      This winter was the best ever on most of the prairies. Hardly any snow a very warm Jan and a week here or their that was cool.
      They can move oil and every other product. Just saying.
      Now what about the car game that's happening. Leave but cant load then move and bring back?

Comment

Don't look behind you SF3, John Taffer's bar rescue is coming through the door.

Comment

SF3,

We must learn our lesson.

DO NOT CRITICIZE THE RAILROADS.

THEY ARE ALWAYS RIGHT>>>AND HAVE THE LAWYER BILLS TO PROVE THIS!!!

Comment

Just saying finally after 5 weeks were moving a bag. No big amount but a bag.
            Ah the drink will taste great tonight.

Comment

SF3,

Don't to forget saving 30 percent for the great Hunter Alliance!!!

Comment

It just amazes me how all industry is pushing for farmers to grow more produce more and then its the same industry that cant get it moved.
                What a system we have.

Comment

Quit swinging for the fences, shooting for the stars, quit aiming so high. Farmers are production oriented maybe we should think about being profit oriented like the "rest of the Industry"!!!

Comment

Sf3,

You miss the point! We must learn to ship the same amount... 365 days a year... to maximize railway capacity!

Comment

farma,

We are food producers... that would NOT be ethical!

Comment

Tommy, if I wanted to donate my time to a good cause, I'll volunteer where I want. It's not my job to feed the world for next to nothing.

The dismal amount of money that comes back to the farmgate from the Consumer's food dollar, would barely be noticed by the Consumer if it doubled.

Comment

My MP David Anderson said no company is interested in running on canadian rails.

I think he is full of shit.

Comment

farma,

I am hurt!

Your donations to the Hunter Alliance have been too low... they must increase 30 percent... or you will feel the wrath... of the great Hunter emperor...

Put those thoughts aside. Admit it.. our assignment is to cave and ask our governments to send Hunter's Alliance 30 percent more profit!!!

Comment

Farma,

Hadn't you heard:

"In its submission to the rail transport review, the CPR demanded that the grain revenue cap be removed. It said crop prices have outpaced the cap, implying that farmers can be reasonably expected to pay more for grain freight."

NOOWWW

Smarten up! Listen to the great Hunter Alliance! If you know what is best for grain growers... YOU WILL STOP THAT DRIVEL!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...