• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing Meetings

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

furrow, you need to do a minimum of 5 replications of each. N=1 doesn't cut it. All you prove is, curious result.

Comment

Cargill Had meetings that cost you to attend this week. BASF and Bayer also had meetings. Same info at all. Good speakers sounds like were at all.
      The Bayer meeting is correct its not a total fix that you do and then sit back and wait for fall. A total year long program from seeding till harvest and scouting fields etc gets best results. If you miss out on seeding or spray or get clipped with a wetter period results vary.
      Yes farmers to read Agriville. Not one farmer I know even the guys who are almost done farming will admit their done.
      ITs farming.
      Broad acre was full speed ahead till the lights went out.
      Its farming.
      The problem in Canada Farmers sit back and take shit over and over. Were a peaceful group that doesn't want to ruffle the feathers of any one. Tom just figured out rail service sucks, wow what have most in East Sask been telling him since last fall. IF it doesn't happen to a farmer in his area its not his problem is the Canadian Attitude.
      Sask Crop is going to penalize us 20% that have been flooded for years with our own premium.
      Hm when droughts come back and the West has no crops for 2 to 6 years are they going to get their average yields bumped back up again like last time. Or are we going to have to pay our premiums so they can get paid.
      AH farming why cant we have one group who represents all farmers and start sticking together. As long as were divided they win and their winning more and more every day.

Comment

If I was a politician reading most of these threads - doing nothing would be pretty easy.

Make a few comments and continue the divide and conquer.

Sorry people, but the conservatives have to go. They sat waiting to fix the problems and in the last 4 years have made most problems worse.

They are better as a minority biting at other parties ankles.

Comment

We seen the same result across 2000 ac of our wheat and on 8 out of 10 farms who also did trials. We left a check on each field with the base fertility with no fungicide. All check yeilds were in the low 50'sand graded #2 and 3, the combo of foliar and fungicide all yielded From 65-70 and graded #1. That was on 8 different fields of Goodeve. Protien levels in Carberry responded higher than Goodeve. Hopefully we see more positive results this year . Similar results were seen in many areas in Sask last year in wheat.

Comment

Hop
            If we can't beat them why not join them?

When I was coming to see my mom in Leduc this morning I saw a 175 car potash train going north on CP

Looks like prince Rupert bound

We see CN CP BNSF all sharing equipment and now operators.

Why don't we lease 200 new locomotive power units to go with our 12000 hopper cars and have dedicated grain trains to peak efficiency and fuel economy switchable between all our tracks
            The gov could easily lease dedicate and effectively increase the frequency and velocity of western movement

Max cost reductions
            Cut out CP and CN except for the use of personnel Maintance and tracks which can be pooled and negotiated at cost that the railways already have established between themselves commercially
            Give the Great Hunter a real joint venture with us grain Farmers!!!
            We lease vehicles and equipment every day
            There are clear standards of maintaining equipment in North American
            Simple
            Locomotive power and cars can go where most needed
            A Thought

We could revolution grain transportation just like railways have dedicated container trains
            We can do much better than the Hunter railers blackmail strategy that till now has cost growers Billions in the past two years alone!!!

Comment

Tom4cwb

What a complete 180 from last winter. Posters were on here complaining about poor rail service and felt Conservative MPs were not reacting to the crisis.

You had nothing but praise for Ritz and Rait. Now that it's hitting your pocket book, you want all of us to start a writing, email, phone, etc to our MPs.

I recall several posters on here even commenting that just because all your grain was all haul out, please show some understanding towards our problem.

What I always remember Tom your total lack of empathy to their problem.

Karma works in funny ways doesn't Tom!!!

Comment

Forage
                Sometimes the light at the tunnel ends up to be
                A cncp freight train
                Not pleasant

If they choose to call me every name under the sun call me out for not telling the truth about the treatment of farmers

They just may get their bluff called
                Is this wrong?

Comment

Forage
                  Please provide the examples where I was more on Hunters side

I called them out on selling the locomotives and laying off people just when we needed both

You have what seems to be a very selective memory

Bad weather is no easy time to run anything and we had plenty last winter2014 which I understand my self on our farm

So I do have compassion and did deliver grain months late at my cost
                  Seeking to vilify me is one quality that annoys me forage

Comment

Tom

What do you tell your conservative mps when you finally figure out the railways are moving less grain this year than last. Even what would be called a fairly mild winter?

Just curious if you are as motivated to bitch about service or promote what the graincos did last winter and get farmers to do your bidding?

Comment

Tom4cwb

Tom just reread all the posts on this thread. Tom you are the only poster who is consistently vilifying other posters.

Many have commented that Conservative MPs have not been doing their job for the past two shipping season with regard to putting pressure on the RR.

Tom reread your posts with regard to What I like about Alberta. You praised your MP Kevin Sorensen, PM Harper, and MLA Rick Stankman.

Tom, are they all running to aid now. Your not the one who will be offering them a sit on the Board of Directors of some major Corporation.

Comment

TomCWB The CWB and Railway monopolies were a scheme... woven together..

Do you have any more conspiracy theories for us? Until you understand the problem you cannot provide a solution. Remember Tom the CWB once took the railways to court for lack of rail movement.

You are experiencing first hand how the free market is working. Your plan and Ritz's marketing choice is returning farmers about 40% to 60% of the port price over the last 2 years. In the past farmers received 90% of the port price

You see Tom the CWB used to regulate the movement of wheat and barley to the west coast and all ports. Since it was all CWB grain a ship could load at all the three Vancouver terminals and the grain movement was mainly efficient and coordinated.

A ship now has to come into a Pioneer terminal at Vancouver up to six times before it gets a load. This is good for the longshoremen (a lot more work) but inefficient and costly for farmers.

Whatever happened to the CWB's eastern rail movement when we had a large crop?

Where is the CWB you said would compete to buy your grain? Where are those grain companies you said would compete?

Tom it seems to me competition is driving down the price. On a recent sale to Iraq Canada had the lowest tender with a price even lower than prices offered by the Ukraine and Soviet Union.

Finally, Tom you could still go on a hunger strike at the CWB to protest this or whatever you are protesting. Remember you did this once before for several days.

I understand Ritz's CWB still operates on one floor of the old CWB building.
                        Maybe your pals on the board of directors such as Ken Motiuk and Bruce Johnson could help with your accommodations.

You may also want to find out why there is no audited statement from the CWB. I remember your crusade against secrecy at the CWB. What about the secrecy of Ritz's government controlled and run CWB.

Comment

Tom you were very silent on this issue last year this time . It was a fact that your area may have had slightly slower rail service last year but nothing even remotely close to the backlog in mid to eastern sask. No you did not praise Hunter but were clapping your hands on MP's actions. No all of a sudden it's grab the pitch fork time ? Sorry but like bucket said your too late to the party.
                          I give you credit to stand on your soap box and fight for a cause - unfortunately it seems only when it effects you directly .
                          By the way no one on Agriville thinks much of Hunter - that has been stated time and time again - we hate the prick as well , only sooner than you did .
                          Why was UPOV 91 not put to a farmer vote ? You are well versed on the subject - I would like to know ?

Comment

Furrow... as stated in my Affidavit... our farm had something in the neighbourhood of $3-5K to gain had we made headway on the class case... SK growers many $20-30K. This was never about personal gain for me or my family. Yes I am being vilified when clearly I am not the selfish one here.

Hunter is really winning... if we will not work to stop him and his well oiled machine... stealing wheat and barley and all the other grains!

I was hoping to get out of this... WITHOUT my family being thrashed and taken to the cleaners last winter... but I lost. Hunter chose to make an example of my 'unwise condemnation' of his new well oiled very profitable railways.

This is all about the plan Hunter has for your farm... just like the Topic sets out.

"A Cn/Cp'Writ of Execution' has been registered against all our western CDN grainfarms"

Hunter has us divided and conquered... should we choose to... we could join together and side track his novel JV RR profit to the max plan... !

It is our choice.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...