• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost to freight Potash/coal/lumber to Port position?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost to freight Potash/coal/lumber to Port position?

Can anyone find out how much it costs CAMPOTEX to ship from central SK to BC port position?

How about coal or lumber from interior to port position... eastern US or Canada?

would be great to know for CTA submission...

Good idea Tom.
    It seems to me I have read on Agriville in the past that potash costed less per Tonne to move to west coast than grain.

Comment

$2941 per car.
      Some reading here....
      <a title="CPR Annual" href="http://www.cpr.ca/en/investors/financial-reports/2014">CPR Annual</a>

Comment

This seems backwards to me. The CTA should be publicly telling us the various/comparative costs.
        Why does the public have to try find info and send to them when they are mandated and paid by us to do it.

Comment

How is it that 100 tonnes of potash or grain can cost differing amounts when they all move in 100 car units with 8 wheels under them?

And essentially in the same type of Railcar.

Comment

Wmoebis

Better question is why isn't our elected conservative mps not doing some thinking about this?

They should have the staff and resources at there fingertips.

Isn't that why they are elected in the first place - to save their constituents time and effort in this type of research.

Once again. In 1997 hermanson identified the same issues as what happened in 2014. No one has done an ounce of thinking since.

Comment

bucket,

It depends on which mine it's coming from.... how long the cars sit...

penalties (they overload some times).

It's very public info. Go to CN or CP and punch in the info for what you want to haul and they give you a price.

Comment

So grain from moose jaw or potash from Belle Plaine should cost how much different to vancouver.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...