• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a way to run a railroad. Agriweek Mar 2

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TomCWB The CWB and Railway monopolies were a scheme... woven together..

Do you have any more conspiracy theories for us? Until you understand the problem you cannot provide a solution. Remember Tom the CWB once took the railways to court for lack of rail movement.

You are experiencing first hand how the free market is working. Your plan and Ritz's marketing choice is returning farmers about 40% to 60% of the port price over the last 2 years. In the past farmers received 90% of the port price

You see Tom the CWB used to regulate the movement of wheat and barley to the west coast and all ports. Since it was all CWB grain a ship could load at all the three Vancouver terminals and the grain movement was mainly efficient and coordinated.

A ship now has to come into a Pioneer terminal at Vancouver up to six times before it gets a load. This is good for the longshoremen (a lot more work) but inefficient and costly for farmers.

Whatever happened to the CWB's eastern rail movement when we had a large crop?

Where is the CWB you said would compete to buy your grain? Where are those grain companies you said would compete?

Tom it seems to me competition is driving down the price. On a recent sale to Iraq Canada had the lowest tender with a price even lower than prices offered by the Ukraine and Soviet Union.

Finally, Tom you could still go on a hunger strike at the CWB to protest this or whatever you are protesting. Remember you did this once before for several days.

I understand Ritz's CWB still operates on one floor of the old CWB building.
    Maybe your pals on the board of directors such as Ken Motiuk and Bruce Johnson could help with your accommodations.

You may also want to find out why there is no audited statement from the CWB. I remember your crusade against secrecy at the CWB. What about the secrecy of Ritz's government controlled and run CWB.

Comment

TomCWB The CWB and Railway monopolies were a scheme... woven together..

Do you have any more conspiracy theories for us? Until you understand the problem you cannot provide a solution. Remember Tom the CWB once took the railways to court for lack of rail movement.

You are experiencing first hand how the free market is working. Your plan and Ritz's marketing choice is returning farmers about 40% to 60% of the port price over the last 2 years. In the past farmers received 90% of the port price

You see Tom the CWB used to regulate the movement of wheat and barley to the west coast and all ports. Since it was all CWB grain a ship could load at all the three Vancouver terminals and the grain movement was mainly efficient and coordinated.

A ship now has to come into a Pioneer terminal at Vancouver up to six times before it gets a load. This is good for the longshoremen (a lot more work) but inefficient and costly for farmers.

Whatever happened to the CWB's eastern rail movement when we had a large crop?

Where is the CWB you said would compete to buy your grain? Where are those grain companies you said would compete?

Tom it seems to me competition is driving down the price. On a recent sale to Iraq Canada had the lowest tender with a price even lower than prices offered by the Ukraine and Soviet Union.

Finally, Tom you could still go on a hunger strike at the CWB to protest this or whatever you are protesting. Remember you did this once before for several days.

I understand Ritz's CWB still operates on one floor of the old CWB building.
      Maybe your pals on the board of directors such as Ken Motiuk and Bruce Johnson could help with your accommodations.

You may also want to find out why there is no audited statement from the CWB. I remember your crusade against secrecy at the CWB. What about the secrecy of Ritz's government controlled and run CWB.

Comment

IFarmer,

The CWB has failed to arbitrage our markets... and sadly has turned out to be just one more grain company exploiting grain growers in the same manner as before when they operated using the single desk.

Clearly Durum proves the single desk theory was not realistic nor was it honest...even 2014-15 proves this new arbitrage with many freight restrictions in the northern US grain freight corridor. Port strikes have also kept movement restricted... we hopefully will see the BNSF gain now this labour problem is resolved. Hopefully this will bring better arbitrage to Hard Red Spring... by next summer.

We need to work together... to provide better more reliable transport of our grain... so we will truly deserve premium prices!

All the best.

Comment

IFarmer,

I had not thought of a Hunger Strike.

Perhaps you are right... but 20 years have now past... it will be more difficult to get away with it without serous health problems.

But I guess that would be fine by you... if you succeeded in finally knocking me off?

"May I point out that the only organization which ever successfully sued the railways for poor service was the CWB over their poor service in 96-97."

WRONG.

Naber Seeds took on the railways and WON.

Canadian Transportation Agency issues Decision on a ...
          www.otc-cta.gc.ca/.../canadian-transportation-agency-issues-decision-co...
          Feb 13, 2014 - ... Decision on a Complaint filed by Naber Seed & Grain Company Limited Against the ... The Agency has decided that CN has failed to provide NSG with a ... under sections 113 to 115 of the Canada Transportation Act (CTA).

It would be novel and bring attention to the injustice of the great Hunter and his treatment of grain growers I Farmer...

When do you want me to start?

Comment

Hope you are happy Integrity... You say I am not serious... do this railway work because it is for my personal profit?

Not true.

Perhaps you would join me in the hunger strike...

and get your friends to do the same. Your help would be appreciated. I am not, nor was ever planning to ask you folks for money. We must work together now... for the sake of our next generation of grain farmers in western Canada.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...