• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extremely Frustrated!! Moving to Cuba!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely Frustrated!! Moving to Cuba!!

Just wondering who else is having difficulty moving contracted grain. For me it is worse than last year!! We are still waiting to move November contracts not to mention Dec, Jan and Feb. We will not get this grain out before break up!!
    Why do we as farmers put up with this s**t!! I am sick and tired of the line companies excuses. I don't care if you didn't get your cars, that is your problem not mine!!!!! Maybe you should expand your elevator to store more of YOUR grain!! I sold it to you, what you do with it is now your problem not mine! So what area of your property would you like the pile!!
    I can't move grain to get cash flow to buy NH3 for 2015 crop so I use line of credit to buy fert in advance so they get their money upfront only to then make excuses why they can't deliver the Nh3 on time in seeding!! WTF!!!
    Everyone we as farmers do business with are complete F***ups!!! How can we expect to survive in this business when we can't rely on anyone we do business with to hold up their end of the deal!!!
    The line companies and fertilizer companies should be ashamed of how unethical their business practises have become. What ever happened to living up to the commitments you make.
    I am tired of all their EXCUSES as to why they can't do what they said they would!! I am the only one who has come to the realization that I can't count on the line and fert companies to deliver on their commitments.
    If I managed one of these companies I would not show my face in public. I would be ashamed and consider myself a failure for not delivering the product and service I was paid for!!!

Bingo you hit every point! Had contracts for jan not filled then family hauled some in feb. Canceled and canceled again then now this week canceled and looks like next week partly canceled! Now crusher just phoned and nothing for the contract that I have for this week and all next!
    Good thing we think ahead and plan! Just so grain companies can screw up!
    But let's study this a few more times!

Comment

Cuban,

"I can't move grain to get cash flow to buy NH3 for 2015 crop so I use line of credit to buy fert in advance so they get their money upfront only to then make excuses why they can't deliver the Nh3 on time in seeding!! WTF!!! "

You are not big enough.
      If you had double the acres, double the volume of grain to deliver, and pre bought double the fertilizer and chemical , suppliers would then give you a whole wad of air miles for two trips to Cuba.

Comment

Cuban,

I was just kidding. The industry is full of useless incompetent people. The profits are so good by doing less that nobody really wants it to stop. The reward is for being incompetent.
        Read the post about the Broadacre management who will still collect their salaries after leaving a 46 million dollar letter to creditors. That is truly brilliant. The real people who actually did the physical work to plant and harvest the Broadacre crop are rewarded with unemployment.

Comment

Graincos pile it on the ground in the USA, farmers here, put cereals on the ground in open piles with few losses, graincos here should do the same thing. Then they can invoice or sue the railways for the extra handling when they don't get their car orders.
          We're taking a sk*t kicking from both of them, and none of inefficiencies have anything to do with farmers delivering product against a contract.

Comment

Again lots are seeing shit this year that some of us had happen last year!
            Railways can't handle the amount of grain we grow Nd grain companies want us to pay for expert thing and keep their gravy train going !

Comment

Keep Yer Grass Cut So Low, Yous Cant Even Mow It, Theys Snakes, Gotta See em' Comin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Think its time to sell out and become one of the useless overpaid dog f***kers. Tired of dealing with idiots who don't care and have no personal accountability. Its a shame because I really enjoy farming and I am good at it but I"m tired of suffering the financial consequences of others mistakes!
                I'll go work for a large farmer and nurse my hangover in their $450,000 combine with the AC blowing through my hair!!! Take my $35.00/hour pay to the bank and who gives a shit if it is too wet,dry,hot or cold!! WHO WILL JOIN ME!!!

Comment

Funny Cuban been thinking the same thing.

Comment

Cuban,

Welcome Aboard,

Nice Ta See You Come Around,

I Knew You Would!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...