• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Warming Bullsh*t

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if the weather records are from the weather stations downtown (big city) or out in the back 40 of Buttsville Sask.

Comment

Climate change is like religion and politics , everyone knows all and damed if they will be swayed by facts or fiction. I am 70 and I can site a lot of change , as far as you poor sobs that are wet ,we are dryer, I can rember when you couldnt get dry grain before dryers came out, and that was when the average farm was 3-400 acres now you are doing thousands, ask the old guys if anyone could have done that 50 yrs ago,even allowing for bigger equipt.
      Just igroring the facts dont make you right but everyone is entitled to be wrong.

Comment

Well, I'll throw this out there and take my lumps.

I really think that all the carbon that is being put out there world wide, along with deforestation is having an effect on the climate. It only stands to reason something has to give. Over population is also having an effect as well.

I definitely feel that solar and wind could take some of the pressure off fossil fuel dependence. I certainly know that fossil fuel will continue to be the main source of power, but if we could reduce it's use somewhat maybe it will make a difference.

I have notice that wheather during the seasons are changing. Wetter cooler summers, with longer falls and winters.

I don't know if it's climate change but man activities are definitely going to have some type of influence on the wheather.

Comment

No two years are the same, been dryer and wetter, warmer and drier. Just random, no pattern that stays. Perhaps the cycles are just so long, we are a blip in time and never really see the change.
          The concentration of a city DOES make a micro climate as does the dark of a forest. However IMO the vast open prairie is so empty, we have NO effect. The massive COLD north air beats the sun's heat every time.
          Really hope that it's NOT getting colder or am I just getting OLDER?

Comment

Fjlip, well we know one of those statements is true for sure. ...

Comment

Horse, right on. Not to mention the fact that religions historically have been some of the richest, powerful forces, more powerful than governments.

Comment

I had to chuckle today again, -36 deg at home, got to town this morning and hmmm only - 31, back to farm -36. And where do the majority of the temp data collections come from?? They are cherry picked from urban areas which represent about .00001 % of the actual surface area of earth....
                Just a little tad of info for the global warming crew - the Ice at the poles fluctuates - always has. Also hate to inform you that the Ice pack will never even come close to completely melt away and raise ocean levels dramatically. They receive no fukin sunlight for 3 months a year you wizards.

Comment

So if you put an ice cube in a glass of water in a dark cupboard it won't melt?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...