• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall election

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which political party do you have the most faith in to protect Canadians and Canada, which is the primary duty of any government? Pars

Comment

You need to go for a 2km run, bucket. Pars

Comment

Parsley.

Which party - I think a minority government gives us the best hope.

More discussion. More thinking. And not everyone has to agree.

But some very good things get done that way.

This country is not prepared for future growth. Too many short sighted people involved.

Comment

Who will best protect us, bucket? In your opinion.

Comment

Actually, I build my own approaches. lol.

And once built, even if I relied on someone else, they do not need maintenance.

So who props the Sheep guys?

Comment

Our present gov't actually committed a tremendous amount of money to infrastructure; in particular, PORTS

Remember when I posted about all the money that is being spent, and is dedicated to, refurbishing ports, and enlarging them, so huge ships and railroads can access, both east and west ports as well as north. $$ Billions. pars.

Comment

With such a huge financial commitment to the "big picture" infrastructure improvement in Canada, sumdum and bucket, some local projects had to be downsized or ended, in order tackle the large projects which will eventually serve all of us well.

De-fattting Agri-stability, for example, in order to upgrade a port, enabling it to handle modern ships, requires focus, and spending discipline, and not caving in to the "I won't vote for you " threats.

Infrastructure has been, (in spite of your infrastructure statement Bucket), and will continue to be, an important focus of a PMSH govt. pars

Comment

Parsley

I sent you these numbers in your ISIS thread and heard very little from you to this regard.

In the last seven years the following departments have handed back the following amounts of unspent budget funds:

CSIS 180 million
                  RCMP 1.7 BILLION
                  DND 9.5 BILLION

Is Harper all about balancing the budget for the 2015 election or protection? Your argument about protection is losing traction.

Comment

Freewheat

Harper hates the debt.

Open you eyes if he hated debt, why are there Economic Action Plan ads running every commercial break on TV. Freewheat take the time to google just how many 100's of millions he has spent on TV ads compared to any other PM before him.

Wheaty, it's those that claim to be so self reliant that quickly forget just how much they have taken from the government in the past. You shouldn't accuse other's on Agriville of wanting hand me outs, just because they are apposed to the terrible fiscal job Harper has done. You have no clue as to what other Agrivillers do to keep their farming operation up and running.

Wheaty, comments like that show a lot of unjustifiable resentment toward others.

Comment

lol. I have no resentment towards anyone. Oh man, you are taking this way too seriously. Chill a bit, have a sense of humor.

I HATE the action plan ads. I like freedom of choice. I am not at all sure what else to add.

I hate waste, I hate handouts, I have a struggle with those who refuse to do it on their own.

I am pretty confident, out of pretty much anyone on here, I have overcome, and risen above among the worst hands one could be dealt, and have never felt entitled to be given stuff. So I am unsure why you seem to think I have been given stuff, or feel entitled.

The folks who feel they need to be given stuff, have often already been given a lot.

You miss the like of Joe Clark. That in itself is telling enough..

Cheer up. Life is too short to panic about differing views.

Comment

Freewheat

I have no problem debating politics with anyone and enjoy the challenge. You stated you have had to work hard for everything you gotten. Good on you, but you have to realize that many others on here probably have done the same. This you have to accept when we disagree about politics. B.S. like this shows that your not taking that into consideration:

"And sadly, it seems there are many who feel Harper owes them a living on this thread. Most homes have a mirror. Try looking in it."

I don't agree with you on Harper, but I certainly don't believe anybody owes me a living.

Comment

forage,
                          I don't answer it in the other thread because I thought it would broadside the intent of the thread, which was about ISIS; it's' vision and resolve.

And yes, according to the financial report presented to the Conference On Defence and Security, $11B was unused:

CSIS $180M 5% unspent
                          RCMP $1.7B 8% unspent
                          DND $9.5B 7% unspent

So, over a lengthy period, a period of of years, CISIS didn't spend 5% of its' budget. And if I was the Minister, I would have asked every Department to implement the same efficiencies.

So, over a lengthy period, a period of of years, RCMP didn't spend 8% of their budget. Their
                          Information sharing was revamped and improved and CISIS will work more closely with them. If I was the Minister I would give them a commendation for not overspending. As a taxpayer, each one of us should appreciate their duty of care to their budget and to the people who fund it.

So, over a lengthy period, a period of of years, 7% of the DND budget was not spent. Attrition accounted for some of the $$ returned, but I don't find 7%, over a long time span, is out of character from a government who made it very clear from Day One that they would try to be more efficient. And try to trim fat.

So all savings were 8% and under.

The departments are still functional but I'm going to guess they will gain renewed, and additional financial support from caucus, considering the Islamic terrorism issue is on the front burner.

Side note: Peggy Mason is the President of the Rideau Institute. She gave a hostile presentation, at the same conference. She wants Canada to financially and militarily support the UN. Wouldn't surprise me if she would recommend the same UN tactics they used in Somalia: Fully trained to only watch a full course slaughter, but unable to do anything a bout it. I'm being sarcastic.

A political observation: It's never an effective opposition tactic to try to disparage the government for tightening up efficiencies in ANY department in this economic climate, is it forage? just mho on the politics of it.

That being said, I'd most likely start building fighter planes in Winnipeg once again. Especially because I'm such a helpless woman type.

I will say, Forage , I tried to look at this from a taxpayer point of view. Sorry I didn't reply in a more timely way: brisk walking today! Pars.

Comment

I judge a government by its ability to inspire a nation, address issues and fuel innovation. I would feel much more comfortable if a government was open and straight forward. When this government slipped in the ability for banks to screw up and seize bank deposits, I became very uncomfortable. The uneasy quiet on important issues does not lead me feel trusting. I haven't noticed any inspiration in Ag either. Months of unresolved issues are ignored by leaders. I am not inspired nor impressed. Sorry Parsley. I door-knocked, poll sat and donated for years. I have to say that I expected good government. Just my opinion.

Comment

Conservatives equals not perfect.....but first choice and good enough for the west.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...