• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB DILEMMA.II

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bobn,

Malicious prosecution is a better term, bobn. And those farmers could not have obtained an export license no matter what they did because of internal policy Policy. Not law. And I harp on it because eventually, these farmers will be compensated for this illegal mess.

Parsley

Comment

Kasro – One needs freedom of speech, but after reading many pages of the same repeated crap one looses interest and forgets what the topic is all about. CWB is a political issue and farmers on this thread are surely proving it. We all know because of the large population difference the west will always be fighting a no win battle.

I believe we don’t need or can chance the CWB political ways, but let’s work towards stripping the board’s monopoly so it just becomes a marketing choice for all producers.

Comment

StrawBoss,

Will I get yelled at if I say, "If you get a license without having to do the buyback, you instantly have marketing choice".

Parsley

Comment

Parsley

I want true undisputed freedom in marketing my grain.
          The free licensing way may contain some hidden fine print that may restrict sales.
          It should be my choice if I want the CWB to be involved in my grain marketing, and
          I don’t expect the CWB to change their marketing system to complement every farm manager’s risk managing ideas.
          CWB management should and can make minor chances to provide a good service to a large number of farmers, within the open market system.

Comment

Strawboss;

You are right of course.

If the CWB doesn't have to change, experence has shown all too well, the CWB will not change in a manner that is acceptable to the farmers who produce the majority of their products.

And sadly they tend to revert back to the system easiest and most profitable for themselves from a convienence perspective.

If the CWB is providing real services, that benefit us, people will honestly appreciate them and pay for those services voluntarily!

The Western Grain Research Fund is the perfect example.

A voluntary refundable system that can be cherry picked, yet almost every farmer has the honesty and moral dicipline to make the voluntary contributions!

The CWB directors don't need any more proof than the added example of the voluntary refundable commodity commissions in Alberta, who have participation well over 90%!!!

Proof is everywhere that a voluntary choice system WILL work, if those who are working for the farm community WORK in a fair and honest manner, that respects their fellow farming neighbours!

Thalpenny, and CWB, you need to trust us as farmers, instead of insulting our intelligence every chance you seem to get!

Is it any wonder we are in this mess, with farmers going to prison, when we are being treated as slaves instead of as responsible caring people?

Comment

StrawBoss, All farmers should demand the CWB to change their billing system. The Board sends the pooling accounts the tab for all the CWB licensing costs in Canada BUT the Act says those costs must be paid for out of the Government's Revenue Consolidated Account.

Why aren't the Board of Directors working for farmers and seeing that the law is being followed?

Parsley

Comment

Parsley;

Since Minister Ralph Goodale is responsible for the correction and fixing up of ethical problems don't we have a few things in the CWB that need to be resolved?

Appointed director Zinger, directly breached about every rule in the conflict of interest issue when he spent Pooling account money to go to the PM's fundraising dinner!

And Goodale himself is in a conflict by not correcting the payment of licensing costs out of the pooling accounts...

Looks like Goodale should clean up his own shop first, before proclaiming to be the savior of ethical behavior for the Liberals and the Government of Canada!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...