• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fert is almost gone ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fert is almost gone ??

Went in today to top up sulfur needs - basically none to be had - liquid or dry. N is basically out and Phos getting thin . Prices are crazy for what's left , if you can get it . This shit used to happen in April. I guess we need to over buy in Oct ?
    So glad the Koch brothers could throw 850 mill into the US election coffers - makes a guy feel all warm and fuzzy inside .
    On the bright side saved a ton - no pun intended, on the fert bought earlier .
    Need a huge LOC now for Oct or sell grain at rock bottom harvest prices, for even basic fert needs .

The games continue! Ah farming.

Comment

Same thing every year........no surprise.

Comment

Then come spring there will be lots around.

Every year.

Comment

Where did it supposedly go, south?

Or did they drop production?

Comment

Never heard this before.... lol

Comment

I need some more phos. Anybody got recent pricing and where? Klause, are you bringing any more from offshore?

Comment

I was getting some liquid delivered last month and the trucker said in his experience the amount of fert delivered to date is way down from past years.

He didn't think there would be anyway that the industry would have the capacity to move similiar volumes to previous years in the time left until spring.

Comment

That's the point of this exercise... sales are way down got told that loading at the depots. Heck where there's normally 40 superbs lined up in the morning there's 5 or 6.

Companies are jacking prices in order to scare guys into buying. Here's a newsflash most have last year's fert to pay and last year's crop in the bin.

Kinda hard to buy the next one.

I haven't ordered any phos from china... but read up on Alibaba... there's many types you can order

Comment

With phosphate in particular there is a pile trucked up out of pocatello. With long term contracts signed at $C65/MT by American trucking Co's when the $ was par they took on more than they could handle hoping they could farm it out and make a quick $5. With an $0.80 $C no US carrier is even remotely interested. There is plenty of phos, just no one to haul it.

Comment

The companies are creating a shortage, that's what's happening and their getting away with it. Yea we have real open system in Canada. Just like oil falls gas goes up.

Comment

You would think they would keep the price of n low,just so we goose it and grow big crops for them to gouge us on,not even the decency of giving us a reach around,pretty twisted.

Comment

Not all the Graincos handle crop supplies anymore. Cargill, Richardsons and Paterson do. Viterra is out and I dont know if all P&H terminals do. Thank goodness for the other guys and independants, otherwise things could be uglier.

Comment

"Mosaic profit nearly triples on ""strong"" demand". Bought some stock the other day...hopefully not too late to the party. Can't legally steal without getting thrown in jail, so I figured may as well join them.

Comment

Only in Canada where theft is legal. Sooner or later something is going to get some ones attention.
                              This last year they never let companies fill warehouses early at a discounted price. So now yes product won't make it because all will be trying to get product out at the xmas price. Thus a shortage.
                              Ah farming where every part of the system f$&ks farmers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...