• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GARS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GARS

Who has taken this insurance? What was your experience? Will you be taking again? I have got a quote and need to decide by their next deadline.

Never have taken it but have looked at how it works.

What kind of crop insurance coverage do you have? What's your experience discount?

Are you in AgriStability?

Comment

i've haven't taken it either so not much help. i'm in crop insurance and agristablity in sask. they now have advisors at their offices to help with agristability paper work so that's helped. no more big accountants bills. too bad they changed the program. i'd cancel, but the program is cheap enough that i think i'll stay in for another year.

Comment

It's a basket insurance, so if one crop like peas does 8 at 50 your 400 a acre your wheat does 50 at 5 and your canola does 30 at 10. Your coverage is 250 you get nothing.
        It's insurance, every one who has take. It in our area has never collected in the last two years with floods. Piece of mind for a $100,000.00
        But the big question they are leveraged heavy on the west side if a drought happened God forbid could they cover that.
        We looked at over and over and are sticking with sask crop and AgriStability for one more year. But have a meeting with another group setting up a insurance company when I'm home.

Comment

We've been in it the last 3 years. Much more bankable than Sask Crop Inurance. Allows you to put all the inputs you think a crop needs into it. And still get back that money plus margin to cover off expensive land and shiny paint.

It's covered by I want to say three but might be more re-insurers so that if all of Canada gets smoked you will still get paid

We still do Agristability and invest. No hail insurance. 50% crop insurance on Durum to keep us in program , get unseded acreage payments. If there's any BS ad hoc it's usually tied to CI as well

It's good in years where you might also have an average crop and shit prices.
          Crop insurance just cares about bushels.

Comment

Exactly to the "T" what Gus just said...

Comment

Also covers off some hedging losses as they are a risk management strategy.

I don't know much about that part of the program. Ask whomever is your agent and they can help

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...