• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combine to customer.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combine to customer.

Went on one 5 years ago when paid by _ _ _. Current agenda looks similar.
    Can anyone who's gone or is there give a capsule version of the breeding presentation and the gluten presentation?

Went in 2006. That time the CWB portion of the "course" was like a re-education camp for POWs in communist China. Kinda felt like the Manchurian candidate. But all joking aside it was an informative event. The CIGI is a real interesting place to visit. Not much about the breeding aspects when I went. It's worth the time to go.

Comment

I was "selected" when I was on an agribusiness course learning to export grain. A CWB rep (Aaron Gross?) asked me why I did not grow wheat. My response was that I just had my first baby and could not waste any acres growing wheat. They paid my combine to customer trip and I went through the marketing class and the options available. I think CIGI provides value and the grain commission has value but I never really understood the CWB Pricing options.
      I didn't matter much , I just stopped growing wheat.

You can test your own wheat for protein and falling number at Intertek in Saskatoon and/or the CGC Offices .

Comment

Just curious about the recent ones. Should be more info without the _ _ _.
        Latest ones have above sessions mentioned.

Comment

Agree Hobbyfrmr and you can learn how to assess your own dockage and grade your own grain, at least learn so you can watch if they are doing it right and watch for human error, like they like to call it.

You can own a protein machine, they are available. I have one I bought at an auction sale. It is calibrated for every class of wht, bly, peas, oats and does oil content of CNL. I check it against CGC machines regularly.

Comment

Wmbomis

How much was the protein machine at auction?
            Have you looked into getting a vomi tester or falling number machine.
            I've found that buyers are very willing to go with Intertek grading, do they "trust" your numbers or is it mostly for your own knowledge?

What oil level do you find your canola is coming in at?

To get thread back on track I've talked to quite a few people who've been recently to the CIGI course. Don't know the answers to your questions.
            If your interested in going talk to one of your commissions. I don't think Sask wheat has sent anyone. Or financially supported CIGI another one of the decisions they have deferred.

Comment

CGC had a bunch on gov't web auction after they shut down a bunch of their offices. Also had dockage machines but you had to buy in lots of 3 or 4.

Mine is a foss grain spec that the old pioneer elevators had at one time. New Infratec's are likely around $20000.00 by now, they were $14000.00 a few years back. So set your auction price from that. They come up few and far between.

I use mine for my own use and demos. I have never checked oil content as I don't sell on that but it is in there if I ever needed it.

I run my check sample then know if there is an issue when it unloads as I am hardly ever at elevator except to pick up check.

Have also used it to check some samples for cattle guys wanting to know what feed grain prot was. Could use it for on farm binning and blending for prot if you wanted too. It is amazing to watch protein in each load and going into bin verse coming out.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...